New Races: Half-Nymph, Half-Nixie, and Half-Pixie

Hackenslash

First Post
Very Well Done....

Great playable races. Thanks for doing the Half-Pixie. It seems that you succeeded where I failed. I assume that all the races you have created are ECL +0. Now if we can just apply the new Racial Level concept from Monte Cooks Arcana Unearthed then you could even have players level up in extra Pixie or other Fey Like abilites, or maybe even from their other half. In any case, I have to say that you have done a great job in tring to create unique ECL +0 races. Well Done !!! Hmmm....now what about a Half Nixie/Half Nymph....hehehe....or Half Fairy Dragon/Half Pixie. :) Cheers !!!!!

Hackenslash

First Post
Very Well Done....

Great playable races. Thanks for doing the Half-Pixie. It seems that you succeeded where I failed. I assume that all the races you have created are ECL +0. Now if we can just apply the new Racial Level concept from Monte Cooks Arcana Unearthed then you could even have players level up in extra Pixie or other Fey Like abilites, or maybe even from their other half. In any case, I have to say that you have done a great job in tring to create unique ECL +0 races. Well Done !!! Hmmm....now what about a Half Nixie/Half Nymph....hehehe....or Half Fairy Dragon/Half Pixie. :) Cheers !!!!!

The half-satyr and half-dryad were introduced in "Hooves and Green Hair," DRAGON #109, May 1986.

I happen to know this because... *ahem*... I wrote it.

I've upgraded them for 3.0, working on them for 3.5.

It was my take that satyrs and dryads were, in fact, the male and female of a single race, and came together to produce little satyrs and dryads. The offspring of a satyr father and a human mother, or a human father and a dryad mother, were half-satyrs and half-dryads (depending on the child's gender). This was before the rather promiscuous interbreeding of AD&D 3.0, so I didn't get into what happened if the non-fey parent was elvish, gnomish, dwarven, orcish, or an illithid.

They play some interesting roles in the history and current events of my campaign world, and there have been a few half-satyr and half-dryad PCs, who have always been a pleasure.

The Spectrum Rider

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
The Spectrum Rider said:
The half-satyr and half-dryad were introduced in "Hooves and Green Hair," DRAGON #109, May 1986.

I happen to know this because... *ahem*... I wrote it.

I've upgraded them for 3.0, working on them for 3.5.

It was my take that satyrs and dryads were, in fact, the male and female of a single race, and came together to produce little satyrs and dryads. The offspring of a satyr father and a human mother, or a human father and a dryad mother, were half-satyrs and half-dryads (depending on the child's gender). This was before the rather promiscuous interbreeding of AD&D 3.0, so I didn't get into what happened if the non-fey parent was elvish, gnomish, dwarven, orcish, or an illithid.

They play some interesting roles in the history and current events of my campaign world, and there have been a few half-satyr and half-dryad PCs, who have always been a pleasure.

The Spectrum Rider

I would love to see the 3.5 versions when you have them ready.

Remove ads