New Season 7 Death Curse rules posted

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Since the official timeline for the Realms advances with each Season equal to time passing here in the real world

That sounds like an assumption. Princes of the Apocalypse is set in 1491 (as per the hardcover), but the State of Hillsfar document notes that Torin Nomerthal expelled all non-humans from Hillsfar in 1487 DR, while the Harried In Hillsfar adventure begins "two years after the expulsion" (so in 1489 DR). (Not to mention that the event that triggers the Rage of Demons storyline -- Gromph Baenre accidentally summoning the demon lords into the Underdark -- happens in late 1485/early 1486 according to RA Salvatore's book 'Archmage'.)

I suspect the real reason for the Season 4/5 dividing line is that is when AL largely left the Moonsea and turned it over for CCC content.

--
Pauper

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Well, the D&D team has said they have the storylines for the next two hardcovers already laid out, so I suspect the season will end in the spring when the new hardcover adventure comes out.

Data for the win!

--
Pauper
Abd I will repeat what was said before, the AL ADMINS said this season is a year long. What the D&D team have "planned" doesn't mean much. They aren't in charge of AL. Travis even said on FB that they don't even know how the death curse will be handled in Season 8 and beyond, so we might be stuck with this crap.

This is almost as bad as the Barovia crap they pulled. I damn near lost a character to that idiocy, if it hadn't been for a generous DM that allowed me to retroactively buy my way out with the DTD I earned from his adventure, since I was 5 short.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
... is seen as too, too much of a penalty for the poor snowflakes who complain about it ...
Hmm, sounds like you have a budding career in conspiracy theorizing ahead of you! ...
... maybe Pauper is too much of
a poor, poor snowflake
to create their own adventures? Does the snowflake Pauper need to be bottle fed their adventure modules? Awww. Don't worry someday you'll wear big-kid pants too. ...
Folks, keep it civil, please. Name-calling and other rudeness don't belong on these boards.

Yarik

Explorer
I wanted to thank the Admin team for the time they put into this and every season. It is impossible to please everyone all the time, but the revisions to the original document clearly show they are listening to the players, which is fantastic.

I feel like the revisions are a nice compromise, and they have me really excited to play the new Season 7 AL adventures. I’m not sure if I’m going to start with a new character or pull a veteran tier 1 adventurer from my roster, but either way, I’m looking forward to it immensely!

thethain

First Post
I usually consider myself non-incompetent. I can spell out somewhat complicated in game mechanics, but I am having a little difficulty with this.

The Death Curse is applied to all D&D Adventurers
League character playing a season 7 adventure on or
after August 16th, 2017. On August 25th, 2017—the
official beginning of the Tomb of Annihilation
storyline season—the curse expands to encompass
all D&D Adventurers League characters

So, OK, probably just assume We are affected and move on.

The below effects of the curse are in addition to
those provided in Tomb of Annihilation:
• Characters who have previously been returned
back to life find their hit point maximum reduced
by 1 each day at midnight and at the beginning of
each non-DDHC adventure. The adventure starts
as the curse has been active for 20 days—thus any
previously-dead creature subject to the curse finds
their maximum hit points reduced by 20 at the
onset of the storyline season. This reduction can’t
be increased or restored.

Don't Die, pretty easy.. DDHC.. , starts 20 days after.. can't be increased or restored...

• Characters that spend downtime find their hit
point maximum reduced by a number equal to the
number of days spent.

So this is a new bullet, so via the powers of english can be taken without the previous bullet, all downtime activities now reduce your HP Max by 1/day? With no listed limit? So Level 4 catchup is actually level 4 suicide?

Remove ads