New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

nerdytenor

First Post
"Okay, honey, I know it's been a while since I last esca--I mean, since we last saw one another, so let's go over the ground rules again...
  1. Maintain a minimum safe distance of five feet from Hacker at all times.
  2. If Hacker leaves his possessions unattended, do not root through the contents and keep the interesting bits.
  3. No sniffing Hacker's undergarments on laundry day.
  4. Hacker's name is 'Hacker', not 'Snoofy-Woofins' or 'Cuddly-Wuddly' or... [The gnome goes on for quite some time.]
  5. No retelling stories about Hacker's more shady exploits while in the presence of the city guard.
  6. No staring at Hacker while he is sleeping.
  7. No painting murals of Hacker from the entrails of critics--because, for some odd reason, that keeps getting blamed on Hacker.
  8. No claiming to be Hacker's wife and requesting conjugal visits, if and when the authorities decide to arrest Hacker."
"And I know I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating: Hacker Brass is a married man! (Even if his divine wife no longer acknowledges it.) Having tasted bliss from heavenly lips, I can no longer find comfort in a mortal embrace. It's just part of the burden that I bear."

Kathalia stares vacantly at Hacker as he enumerates his litany of restrictions, provisos, and warnings. She may be ignoring him on purpose, but in all likelihood her mind, as usual, is elsewhere. In the trees, in the clouds...

"Mmm, hmm, yes yes, mmm..."

Oni

First Post
"Lily, you said? I don't like getting someone as young as you involved in this, but we could use your help. We are planning to go pay a visit to a crimelord and teach him a lesson about manners - tonight." He offers his hand to the girl. "What do you say? Will you help us?"

Lily started to snap back from the chaos that had just occurred.

Huh?

Oh! Yes, that's right. And no need to worry about me. A crimelord, hmm...

She taps her chin for a moment, apparently thinking it over.

Sounds like a good cause, she said, grabbing Raiyek's hand and shaking it enthusiastically, I'll do the best I can!

Whenever the rest of her new found friends leave Lily follows right along with them, so where are we going anyway, is the last thing heard from her as she exits the tavern.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk smiles at Lily as she forcefully shakes Raiyek's hand. He chuckles, but says nothing. Walking towards the door he nods to the gnome and states "Nice punch. One thing I can't stand is an arrogant nobel. He got what he deserved com'n into a place like this thinking he's all that and a bag of BOAR chips" Kruk laughs as he exits the tavern.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Kruk smiles at Lily as she forcefully shakes Raiyek's hand. He chuckles, but says nothing. Walking towards the door he nods to the gnome and states "Nice punch. One thing I can't stand is an arrogant nobel. He got what he deserved com'n into a place like this thinking he's all that and a bag of chips" Kruk laughs as he exits the tavern.

Veruzak is perturbed at his apparent ignorance, until he finally stumbles upon the guffaw, *Bag of boar chips, Ah, good show... those dwarves do have a sense of humor then. * he smiles at his clever figuring out of the funny.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Back Room]
7 Rabbit dangles the pendant in front of the half-elf's eyes. "So it was stolen? And what OTHER stolen goods have you bought? Don't tell me - I only care about this. But I WILL tell the guards to take a close look at what you've bought recently. No, better yet - I'll tell some of my FRIENDS to look into it."

"Unless you answer the rest of my questions truthfully!" he says, tone suddenly sunny. "Then you can be on your way with no more trouble!"

He shoves the pendant into his belt, and continues, "Now, did Mr. Castor say anything about where he got this? Did he have any other items from the Valley of Bone?"
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Backroom]
[sblock=Back Room]
7 Rabbit dangles the pendant in front of the half-elf's eyes. "So it was stolen? And what OTHER stolen goods have you bought? Don't tell me - I only care about this. But I WILL tell the guards to take a close look at what you've bought recently. No, better yet - I'll tell some of my FRIENDS to look into it."

"Unless you answer the rest of my questions truthfully!" he says, tone suddenly sunny. "Then you can be on your way with no more trouble!"

He shoves the pendant into his belt, and continues, "Now, did Mr. Castor say anything about where he got this? Did he have any other items from the Valley of Bone?"
[/sblock]

-''But... but... that's everything I know, mister Jaguar head. I don't know from whom he purchased this. You have to ask him. I just asked him for something for my dog that would be fashionable and help her resist the nasty dog flu that is going around these days. He really didn't ask much money and so I took it along with two paintings and a vase. Not from the Valley of Bones! Just, you know, some art. As I said, Castor operates from his inn. It's called, uh, Castor's I think. Listen, uh, I realize I might have wronged you, I should be more careful who I deal with. Just take what's in my purse as reparation and, well, don't tell your friends about all this. Please, can I go now?'' he begs
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'Thas narrows his eyes, from his posture on the chair. He difficulty distinguishes the gigantic warforged, shaking his arms in a hazardous way (for the other living organisms next to him). The wizard stands, apparently contempt, and walks through the crowded room to reach the table.
"I thought you have all departed, I was afraid I've slept too much time." he says, raising his left eyebrow. "Fortunately it was not the case, or at least you didn't take any job in a long time" he chuckles to himself, and sits on a nearby chair. "Well now, what has everyone been up to since I went to the dormitories."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Back Room]
"So he knew what it is..." Rabbit muses. The mask cocks to one side as he wrestles with temptation, then suddenly grabs the purse. "All right. You can go."

When the fop is gone, Rabbit pulls off his mask, slumps in a chair and regards the pendant, letting it spin.

[sblock=OOC]
Just gonna wait until renau1g's crew has cleared out in-character...
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Catein recomposes itself and begins the arduous task of realigning the many, many fine chains that were knocked out of alignment by Hacker. It settles down into a booth by itself and works on its maintenance for the next few hours, taking the time to reflect upon the fact that it is no longer in a position of power over those who are unable to control their base instincts. It's bad enough that these meat-beings around Catein break down into disgusting, putrescent breeding grounds for vermin when they fail to maintain themselves properly and cease operation; must they constantly be trying to impose this state on their fellows?

The faint 'chink, clink" sound of chains being realigned continues...

Remove ads