• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

nerdytenor

First Post
"Oh Hacker, you're such a romantic!" Kathalia swoons. "Come on, let's find something to eat. I found a nice patch of Particula Conflorians by the side of the road...." Kathalia drones on about various species of mushrooms as she moves to lead Hacker out of the inn.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
A large dragonborn with the greater part of its snout entangled in the chain of its own flail follows behind the shifter and the half-elf. His armor is covered in road dust and there appear to be a few fresh dings in the top of his shield.

"sumun helb me wid dis," he manages to mumble out the side of his mouth as he tries to disentangle the end of the flail from its own chain...

KenHood

First Post
"Oh Hacker, you're such a romantic!" Kathalia swoons. "Come on, let's find something to eat. I found a nice patch of Particula Conflorians by the side of the road...." Kathalia drones on about various species of mushrooms as she moves to lead Hacker out of the inn.
Hacker winces, then gives the idea consideration.

"Them gawds-***** shitaki mushrooms you foisted on me last were pretty ***** tasty, as were the ***** truffles, so lead on little lady, but I'm tellin' ya, this time there best be some ***** meat in the pot, too!"

Hacker holds open the door for Kathalia, permitting her to lead him away.

[sblock=Idea...]Go to Closed Eye. I figured how to get us there, in character...[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
A large dragonborn with the greater part of its snout entangled in the chain of its own flail follows behind the shifter and the half-elf. His armor is covered in road dust and there appear to be a few fresh dings in the top of his shield.

"sumun helb me wid dis," he manages to mumble out the side of his mouth as he tries to disentangle the end of the flail from its own chain...
Kamotz moves to his friend, and begins rolling the chain to get some room, How did you a low growl escapes as he continues attempting to get the head of the flail through the small hole... Nope, it's no good, if only Vixo were here with his small fingers...

dimsdale

First Post
Kamotz moves to his friend, and begins rolling the chain to get some room, How did you a low growl escapes as he continues attempting to get the head of the flail through the small hole... Nope, it's no good, if only Vixo were here with his small fingers...

Grakk, trying hard not to laugh, reaches forward "Kamotz, let me give it a try." He grabs the flail and works with it without success. Anger starts to fill his veins as one can see he is clearly frustrated. "Why can't I get this!" Grakk shouts. He begins to yank, each time lifting the dragonborn a little higher off the ground each time. "Aggghhhhhh@!!!" Grakk shouts as anger turns into rage. He rears back one more time to yank with all of his might when he's grabbed from behind by more than one person. "Grakk, there has got to be a better way." Grakk releases the flail, and steps back. "Sorry Vrrsk't...I ...I lost control." To everyone's amazement, the flail drops to the ground.

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz tries to hold it in, each giant tug, followed by shouting, is almost a guaranteed burst of laughter from the longtooth shifter! Until finally he loses it when the flail hits the ground, a burst of hyena like yipping and long O sounds explodes from the belly of Kamotz.

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Err... no offense, but if you already have a 5 men team, I'd leave it at that. Other adventures have a hard time reaching 4![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] I wouldn't be so greedy as to push for more then 5, but if we only get 4 returns, I'd try for one more.[/sblock]

Vell zat is mozt ov youz. Snaps the little halfling, his words becoming harder and harder to understand as his patience fails.

Ve sztill muzt vait for ze little draconian yesz? Or vill he do uz ze honor of abstaining?

CaBaNa

First Post
*Smack* *Slurp* Kamtoz realizes he hasn't eaten in a while, and pompous halfling was looking really good. Due to his lack of knowledge on Vixo's situation the shifter decided the topic wasn't his to discuss, and moved to the bar for an order. Good meat, rare. Looking up, the shifter notices a sign above the bar, The Institute for Arcane Ciphers, what does that mean? the bartender leans over, and says, "I don't know much more than this, it's a social club, for arcanists of varying talent. Kamotz head tilts to the side, I meant what does Cipher mean? And now, what is an arcanist? "Apparently your not it..." is all the bartender replies, then Your steak will be out in a moment. Kamotz keeps an eye on the halfling, he didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to serve Death again.

Last edited:

Remove ads