• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
It's bad enough that these meat-beings around Catein break down into disgusting, putrescent breeding grounds for vermin when they fail to maintain themselves properly and cease operation...

:lol:

That was... so very alien. Most Warforged players try for this sort of lines but that was the best I have read yet!
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
A disheveled dwarven head newly adorned with a silver circlet that sat askew poked through the door of the tavern. Strange eyes roll back and forth in their sockets surveying the evenings crowd before locking on a certain halfling.

Eehehehe...there he is...there he is...just like She said...

Magnus scrutinized the doorway warily for a long moment then satisfied stepped into the building. Cackling and mumbling to himself he stumped across the room toward the halfling, jingling as the keys that adorned his belt and staff clanked softly together.

[sblock=ukingsken]

I didn't expect you'd be all set to go so soon. :)

[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
"Well, Ms. Jacobson, it's a pleasure to have you along. " HYurian glances out the window and notices the time. In the excitement, he had lost track of it, and needs to get moving. He stands and nods to those around him. "Now, if you'll excuse me I need to pick up the means of our travel to the Isle tomorrow morning. Catein, Mr. Kent, Ms. Jacobson, it's been a pleasure and I'll meet you an hour after dawn, behind this establishment."

He stands and walks to the bartender, quickly explaining the sign and his task and promising to be back later if anyone else shows interest in the job, and leaves the tavern to procure the needed ritual.

[sblock]Enemy Among Us thread is now up. We still have spots open, but I'm moving the recruiting out of the tavern to make way for 7-Rabbit's party-building. If you want to join, post OOC at the thread and we'll work on getting you in. Thanks![/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Jabso-ooooh." She started to correct the man but was distracted by the pile of coin he left on the table for her. She quickly opened her pouch, stuck out her hip and slid the shiny droplets in safely.

She then looked back at the blood spattered man and the giant mass of chains she would be journeying with. Well at least they look tough, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to think quick on my feet. . . . I should buy paper!

So Bell lifted her hood once again, smiled at the room, waved, and headed out to take care of some business.

KenHood

First Post
"Well, folks," says Hacker Brass, "Ole' Hacker is hungry, and he don't never pay for his meals, but he's always willing to sing for his supper."

He unstraps his banjo and gives it a tap. The instrument transforms into a six string guitar.

"This here is a little song I wrote after I lost the best job of my life, the sweetest woman I ever loved left me, and I was stripped of my hard-earned divinity."

He begins to strum the guitar and sings in a deep, mournful voice...

The bars are all closed,
It's four in the morning.
I must have shut 'em all down
By the shape that I'm in.
I lay my head on the reins.
That ole mule begins brayin'.
The whole neighborhood knows
That Hacker's home drunk again.

And if drinking don't kill me
Her memory will.
I can't hold out much longer
The way that I feel.
With the blood from my body
I could start my own still,
Her memory will.

These wild old bones, they move slow,
But so sure of their footsteps,
As I trip on the floor
And lightly touch down.
Gods, it's been ten bottles
Since I tried to forget her,
But the memory still lingers
Lying here on the ground.

Her memory will.
I can't hold out much longer
The way that I feel.
With the blood from my body
I could start my own still,
Dayna's memory will.

Hacker strums the guitar for a final time. A lone tear winds its way through the scars mapping the gnome's face and drips off his chin.

"Aw, Dayna baby, your Hacker still misses you."

[sblock=The Song]"If Drinking Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will)" by George Strait

You can listen to it here.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
A disheveled dwarven head newly adorned with a silver circlet that sat askew poked through the door of the tavern. Strange eyes roll back and forth in their sockets surveying the evenings crowd before locking on a certain halfling.

Eehehehe...there he is...there he is...just like She said...

Magnus scrutinized the doorway warily for a long moment then satisfied stepped into the building. Cackling and mumbling to himself he stumped across the room toward the halfling, jingling as the keys that adorned his belt and staff clanked softly together.

[sblock=ukingsken]

I didn't expect you'd be all set to go so soon. :)

[/sblock]

[Sblock=OOC] I didn't eithe rbut it wa smostly done, I figured I'd start the ball rolling as we may have to recruit a few more.[/sblock]

Looking at you with a now familiar expression somewhere between annoyance and boredom the halfling clerk speaks once more.

It Iz not vith joy zat I am speaking vith you again. I vill not zay zis more zhen vonce however, vhere are ze rest of ze...layaboutz High Priest Belingras hired? I see only ze smelly one and ze mad one.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[Sblock=OOC] I didn't eithe rbut it wa smostly done, I figured I'd start the ball rolling as we may have to recruit a few more.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Err... no offense, but if you already have a 5 men team, I'd leave it at that. Other adventures have a hard time reaching 4![/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
"Well, folks," says Hacker Brass, "Ole' Hacker is hungry, and he don't never pay for his meals, but he's always willing to sing for his supper."

He unstraps his banjo and gives it a tap. The instrument transforms into a six string guitar.

"This here is a little song I wrote after I lost the best job of my life, the sweetest woman I ever loved left me, and I was stripped of my hard-earned divinity."

That's my cue, Veruzak strides as fast as his legs can carry him, busting out the door just as the first note hits the air.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Barking can be heard just outside the tavern door, loud yips occasionally accompanying the sound, when the door to the tavern opens again in steps a shifter.

Ashen robes rest overtop of corpse smelling scale-mail, the raucous sound, apparently laughter from the expression on the beastly looking face. Kamotz reporting for duty. smiles the wolfish cleric. Loud clinking and jangling is heard as he walks, the result of the dangling triple-headed flail at his waist, and the scale plinking off each other.

RedBeardJim

First Post
A half-elf dressed in green and blue follows the shifter into the tavern, stifling laughter behind his hand. "Yes, we're here," he says to the halfling. "What have you found out?"

Remove ads