• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Thread and Forum Icons in Default style

Michael Morris

First Post
Ok, the system predetermines the name of each icon. They are, in file name's order

thread.gif
Thread

thread_dot.gif
Thread You've posted to

thread_dot_hot.gif
Hot thread You've Posted to

thread_dot_hot_lock.gif
Locked Hot thread You've Posted to

thread_dot_hot_lock_new.gif
New locked hot thread you've posted to.

thread_dot_hot_new.gif
New hot thread you've posted to.

thread_dot_lock.gif
Locked thread you've posted to.

thread_dot_lock_new.gif
New Locked thread you've posted to.

thread_dot_new.gif
New thread you've posted to.

thread_hot.gif
Hot thread.

thread_hot_lock_new.gif
New Hot Locked Thread

thread_hot_new.gif
Hot New Thread

thread_lock.gif
Locked Thread

thread_lock_new.gif
New Locked Thread

thread_moved.gif
Moved thread

thread_moved_new.gif
New Moved Thread

thread_new.gif
New Thread

Ok, now that I'm reviewing them I see that I have accidently left the box in all of them. Sorry 'bout that. I do 'err from time to time.

(BTW, refreshing this page will immediately switch you to the most current set of icons. Should have worked the bugs out of this before migrating it to main argh).

Last edited:

pensiv

Explorer
An improvement. In spite of my earlier criticism I am very grateful that you are here and are constantly interested in updating/improving the site and willing to do the work necessary.

Thanks Spoony Bard.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think the hot thread icon is fairly useless - I might increase the "requirement" for hot threads to something like 100 posts, so that it doesn't come up as often. It doesn't really have a functional use, at least for me.

What I really need to see (for my own posting habits):

1) New threads. This is the most important to me. I want to very, very clearly see which threads are new.

2) Threads I've posted to.

3) Locked threads.

Anything else is redundant to me. I would be a happy camper with just those three icons.

I think that having different icons for "locked threads", "new locked threads", "hot locked threads", "new hot locked threads" is silly. If it's locked, I don;t care if it's new, old, hot or not.

Last edited:

Psionicist

Explorer
Morrus said:

1) New threads. This is the most important to me. I want to very, very clearly see which threads are new.

3) Locked threads.

Anything else is redundant to me. I would be a happy camper with just those three icons.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

We shall remember this day as the day Psionicist agreed, 100%, with Morrus.
:)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Morrus said:
I think the hot thread icon is fairly useless - I might increase the "requirement" for hot threads to something like 100 posts, so that it doesn't come up as often. It doesn't really have a functional use, at least for me.

Yeah. This seems to be the prevailing feeling.

Especially now that the little white box problem is fixed (yay!) :

I think if the "New Thread" (white) and "Hot Thread" (orange) colours were swapped, it would fix the problem. That way the coloured icons (orange and yellow) represent new posts, and the colourless icons (grey and white) represent no new posts... which is intuitive, and also matches the way the envelopes worked.

-Hyp.

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
Morrus said:

3) Locked threads.

I agree completely. I don't mind having other things indicated by the icons, but I don't need them.

Thanks for fixing the white box issue, Spoony -- that's a big help. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads