• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Universal info?

Phoenix8008

First Post
I have always been a fan of the old New Universe from Marvel, and I have loved the reboot in the New Universal comic series. My problem is that I can't find anything on the Marvel.com site about the series. It has me worried because I moved a couple months ago and just got around to looking up the local comic shop to catch up on my few titles. To my surprise, the most current issue of New Universal that they had was #6, which I had picked up before moving back in June or very early July.

I know there is a hardback of issues 1-6 coming out, but I can't find any news to tell if the series has been canceled or if it's going to continue, or (hopefully) if they are taking a break to split the one comic into multiple series to cover the main characters again?

If anybody has any news on this, or a link to someplace that covers the New Universal stuff, I would greatly appreciate it.

Villano

First Post
I was wondering what happened to it, too. Last I heard, it was on "indefinite hiatus", not due to low sales, but because the writer was overloaded with other work. No word on if/when it'll return. :(

Abe.ebA

First Post
The writer, Warren Ellis, is the captain of the indefinite hiatus. I can think of 7 comics he's currently writing off the top of my head, pretty much all of which are on irregular release schedules. He's a fountain of interesting ideas but he's also unfortunately a big fan of trying to pursue all of them simultaneously. In addition to the comics I believe he's also writing a book (which, I think, was two books until his collaborator recently passed away on one of them), working on either a TV show and a movie, two TV shows, or possibly two TV shows and a movie, and running a couple of online projects. He does get back around to things eventually and finish them off, though, so I expect we'll see more of New Universal someday.

Welverin

First Post
I hadn't even noticed the delay, I have noticed the delay on Squadron Supreme however. Of course I think that hasn't come up since last year.

And on that note, anyone know what's up with SS?

Remove ads