• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Waterdeep????

JamesL85

First Post
I was flipping through my new City of Splendors: Waterdeep sourcebook this morning and I came across a mention of New Waterdeep. What????

Can anyone tell me where this was originally mentioned? I don't remember hearing anything about it, but admittedly, I don't keep up with everything FR.....

Any help would be appreciated.....

James

I do believe it's a Maztican city, but I can't find a specific book reference. It's mentioned in several timelines I found online, and that's the best I can say.

Patrick Y.

Swordsage

Explorer
New Waterdeep is noted in the FR Maztica products but also in the 2E Lands of Intrigue boxed set (which can be downloaded from the WotC downloads page and is hence more accessible).

-- The Swordsage

In the 1980s, Ed Greenwood released 'New Waterdeep,' to compete with the rising popularity of 'Palanthas-Cola.' New Waterdeep was sweeter, with lower-level adventuring and a greater attention to balance, but fans of Greenwood's original creation rebelled, claiming 'New Waterdeep' was an abomination. Soon thereafter, Greenwood backpedaled and released 'Waterdeep Classic,' which is the Waterdeep we all know an love today.

Well, not counting:

Diet Waterdeep
Cherry Waterdeep
Caffeine-Free Waterdeep
Diet Cherry Waterdeep
Vanilla Waterdeep
Diet Vanilla Waterdeep
Waterdeep with Lime
Diet Waterdeep with Lime
and of course, Waterdeep Zero

Shemeska

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
Wasn't there a section of Sigil called that? I know it had a New Tyr.

Nope, sure wasn't.

New Tyr was the Athasian enclave on the border of the Lower Ward and the Hive, but there wasn't a cultural ghetto distinct for folks from Toril/Faerun.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Shemeska said:
New Tyr was the Athasian enclave on the border of the Lower Ward and the Hive, but there wasn't a cultural ghetto distinct for folks from Toril/Faerun.
Although that's a damn fine idea. You round them up, I'll get to work on building the fence. :]

Henry

Autoexreginated
RangerWickett said:
...and of course, Waterdeep Zero

I hear that since Undermountain has lost a great deal of popularity, Halaster has decided to rename it something more edgy, yet in keeping with its nature...

...he's thinking of calling it "Vault."

JamesL85

First Post
That's what I love about this place.....SOOOOOO many people that know SOOOOO much about everything.....

That, and the twisted sense of humor here..... :D

Thanks for the info.....I'll do some digging.....

James

Remove ads