• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Newspeak for ENWorld

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Verisimilitude: The amount of detail that you personally need to feel happy with a game system. Anything more is excessively simulationist. Anything less breaks your suspension of disbelief.

LOL. Yeah, I'm guilty. :eek:

EATherrian

First Post
I know I'm not a celebrity here but I think I've made clear my concerns regarding the editions, but I found this quite amusing. I thought it was pretty well rounded in its pokes. But then again I think this thread might be badwrongfunny, or is it badhongfunny... ;)

shadewest

First Post
Someone is always the butt of a joke, even if it's yourself. I liked the OP's post. I saw myself in some of those entries, but so what? It seems that the more extreme one's position is on something, the more easily they are offended. Edition war? i didn't see that. Zin may have been more gentle on Gamists that the other GNS types, but GNS theory itself can sometimes be taken too seriously. Finally, she said straight away that this was tongue in cheek. That should tip folks off that she was at least trying to be funny. I actually learned a few things from her little list.

Relax, folks. Play the game. Play whichever game you prefer, whichever way you prefer, whichever edition you prefer. But please, if you're playing the game, play it to have fun.

Blastin

First Post
heh... I thought it was funny. I think that the point was that we all take ourselves too seriously....and the rest of the thread is proving that in spades ;)

Remove ads