Next stop: The Moon!

tomBitonti

Adventurer
If they can get 3H engine built, could give us reason to go back.

Hey, where can I find information about the 3H engine? I tried searching for it, but with no luck.

Also, I just wanted to say, wikipedia can be really terrible at explaining things. While searching for the 3H, I looked over the pages on the Oberth and slingshot maneuvers, and, while the concepts are simple, the explanations provided were really terribly confusing.

Thx!

TomB

reelo

Hero
Hey, where can I find information about the 3H engine? I tried searching for it, but with no luck.

Also, I just wanted to say, wikipedia can be really terrible at explaining things. While searching for the 3H, I looked over the pages on the Oberth and slingshot maneuvers, and, while the concepts are simple, the explanations provided were really terribly confusing.

Thx!

TomB
Deuterium + Tritium -> Helium + Proton + Energy

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Deuterium + Tritium -> Helium + Proton + Energy

That's not conserving electrical charge. D + T -> He + neutron + energy.

My understanding is that while NASA researches lots of things, fusion-based propulsion isn't going to appear in a rocket any time soon.

Ryujin

Legend
That's not conserving electrical charge. D + T -> He + neutron + energy.

My understanding is that while NASA researches lots of things, fusion-based propulsion isn't going to appear in a rocket any time soon.

Ion propulsion will probably come first, with it's slow but constant acceleration.

Remove ads