• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Next stop: The Moon!

tomBitonti

Adventurer
If they can get 3H engine built, could give us reason to go back.

Hey, where can I find information about the 3H engine? I tried searching for it, but with no luck.

Also, I just wanted to say, wikipedia can be really terrible at explaining things. While searching for the 3H, I looked over the pages on the Oberth and slingshot maneuvers, and, while the concepts are simple, the explanations provided were really terribly confusing.

Thx!

TomB

reelo

Hero
Hey, where can I find information about the 3H engine? I tried searching for it, but with no luck.

Also, I just wanted to say, wikipedia can be really terrible at explaining things. While searching for the 3H, I looked over the pages on the Oberth and slingshot maneuvers, and, while the concepts are simple, the explanations provided were really terribly confusing.

Thx!

TomB
Deuterium + Tritium -> Helium + Proton + Energy

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Deuterium + Tritium -> Helium + Proton + Energy

That's not conserving electrical charge. D + T -> He + neutron + energy.

My understanding is that while NASA researches lots of things, fusion-based propulsion isn't going to appear in a rocket any time soon.

Ryujin

Legend
That's not conserving electrical charge. D + T -> He + neutron + energy.

My understanding is that while NASA researches lots of things, fusion-based propulsion isn't going to appear in a rocket any time soon.

Ion propulsion will probably come first, with it's slow but constant acceleration.

Remove ads