• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NFL Week 3

Album Cover X

First Post
Storminator said:
What have the Eagles done to make people think they're overrated?!? I mean besides crush everyone they've played? Is this insane troll logic?

If "insane troll logic" is pointing out, like I did, their history. No one's saying except Merrill Hoge (of ESPN) that the Eagles suck and won't make the playoffs... I'm just saying they have a documented history of playing well in the regular season, winning a playoff game, and then losing in the NFC championship game...

No matter how you cut, dice, and slice it those are the facts... 0-3 in NFC championship games in the last 3 years... Making that far that consistently is a mark of solid team; plenty of teams/fans would trade places in a heartbeat...

I personally like McNabb... I also despise TO but that's a different story...

Crothian

First Post
Except its the NFL where what you did last season has little to do with how well you'll do this season. Its not like they give extra points to your opponent in the Championship game if you've been to it and lost it 3 times in a row.

Album Cover X

First Post
ok?!? and the point is???

come on people... sometimes I think sports should be added to the topics not allowed to be discussed along with religion and politics...

Please point out where I say or even inferred that Eagles are giving away points because of their NFC championship heartbreak history... I merely replied to the topic of why certain folks *might* consider the Eagles overrated...

Crothian

First Post
Giving away points?> I never said anything like that or said that you said anything like that. How's that for a tough sentance :D

What I am saying is that just because the Eagles went 0-3 in the Championship game the last three games has zero bearing on this year. Last year the Chiefs went 9-0, but that hasn't helped them at all this year since they are 0-3. What happens one year in the NFL usually does not carry over to the following year. Look at all the teams the make the Super Bowl but fail to make the Playoffs.

THe point is pointing out a teams history is not proof of what they will do this year.

Remove ads