NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Hmm... what I've been working from is this:
Water Breathing (Ex): Can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spell-like abilities, and other abilities while submerged.

Gansk

Explorer
I've been working from Greybar's assumption as well and been treating the spells as cloudy water. I assume PJSlavner found something in the descriptive text of Obscuring Mist that specifically prohibits it from working underwater. Do all of the other fog spells use the text from obscuring mist as a base?

Greybar

No Trouble at All
No, Fog Cloud here is the base for the solid fog/acid fog sequence.

Here's the Obscuring Mist desc:
A misty vapor arises around you. It is stationary once created. The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

A moderate wind (11+ mph), such as from a gust of wind spell, disperses the fog in 4 rounds. A strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round. A fireball, flame strike, or similar spell burns away the fog in the explosive or fiery spell’s area. A wall of fire burns away the fog in the area into which it deals damage.

This spell does not function underwater.

Gansk

Explorer
Well, it's too late to roll back the clock on fog cloud, so we'll just prohibit obscuring mist and remember fog cloud in the future.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Awww... I was hoping if I could get just one breath in and get lucky with tranquility gas I could get another combatant down, but the line of force will finish Ulmo even with a SV.

Good job PJSlavner! I look forward to seeing how the rest of the BoAA lines up.

NG will still fight on in the ToC!

Remove ads