NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
Round 466: Ulmo breathes more gas, then swims to 5N20E. The gas has no effect.

Ulmo:[sblock]You can breathe again in round 468.[/sblock]

Giant swims to the east wall and taps out.

The clouds remain, but the water level lowers several inches to around 27 feet.

Next for NE in round 466: an old tarterian dragon. (Draconomicon)

Dragon stats:[sblock]32 ranks in Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Knowledge (Arcana, Architecture, Geography, Local, Nobility), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spot & Use Magic Device. Feats are Alertness, Blind-Fight, Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Snatch, Weapon Focus (bite), Improved Natural Armor, Improved Natural Attack (tail), Improved Toughness & Large And In Charge. It knows that Oceanus Dragons breathe lightning and tranquility gas, can smite evil once per day, have spell-like abilities including Control Water and Holy Smite, has DR/magic and evil, and has better SR and Frightful Presence than you.[/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Teri the gargantuan, a black dragon with tatttered wings, appears at 20N20E. After considering the use of her crushing despair gas, she instead breathes out a line of disruptive force. If Ulmo survives and provokes an AoO, it will be with her tail if a tail can be used underwater, otherwise with bite.

Gansk

Explorer
Ulmo dodges the breath (35 Ref save) and takes 36 force damage. He has 7 hp left.

Teri:[sblock]You can breathe again next round.[/sblock]

Ulmo:[sblock]You know that Teri can breathe a line of force and a cone of will-sapping gas. She is slightly resistant to force, charms, and compulsions. She has DR/magic and worse SR than you.[/sblock]

Ulmo starts round 467.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Ulmo utters a prayer of desperation in draconic and grits his teeth. One trick left...

Defensively, Ulmo summons up an Obscuring Mist ...

Now the mist is described as being centered on the caster, so I'm hoping that means that I can choose any square interior to Ulmo's position to be the center of effect. If so, that location is 15n30e.

... and then moves away under that cover to:
[sblock]
0n40e
[/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Obscuring mist does not function under water. It appears that Ulmo is hoist on his own petard.

That brings up the question: should the previous clouds have been dispersed by the water, or does the phrase, "does not function under water" only mean that it cannot be cast under water? I would tend toward the former.

Congratulations on lasting so long with Ulmo, Greybar. He defeated two or three more opponents than I thought he would.

Last edited:

Remove ads