• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NHL Playoffs 2006: Round II

Arnwyn

First Post
devilbat said:
Most Winnipeggers grew up HATING the Oilers, and many of us aren't going to change now.
You'd be surprised. As with every other good Jets fan, I was a big-time Oilers hatah. But those times are over - I'd say most of us have long since moved on.

Go Oilers!

devilbat

First Post
Arnwyn said:
You'd be surprised. As with every other good Jets fan, I was a big-time Oilers hatah. But those times are over - I'd say most of us have long since moved on.

Hey Arnwyn, do you post over at CM? I can respond much more eloquently over there. ;)

I'd say you must be younger then me, because most of my local peers agree with my outlook, at least where I roll.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Arnwyn said:

Go Oilers!

The more Canadians that support the team, the better. And I still believe my team can win, as long as they play a better overall game. They can't rely on the goalies to win the games for them.

Oilers in 6.

Go Oilers Go!

KF72
I believe in my team!

Arnwyn

First Post
devilbat said:
Hey Arnwyn, do you post over at CM? I can respond much more eloquently over there. ;)
:D No, I do not (nor will I).

I'd say you must be younger then me, because most of my local peers agree with my outlook, at least where I roll.
Quite likely - I'm 30. (Ahh... Though I do remember the days when we all chanted "Gretzky sucks! Gretzky sucks!" And my best memory is attending the final winning Jets game [ie. the second-last game] - against Detroit in the playoffs. Woo!)

devilbat

First Post
Arnwyn said:
No, I do not (nor will I).

You're missing out on lots of fun.

Arnwyn said:
Quite likely - I'm 30. (Ahh... Though I do remember the days when we all chanted "Gretzky sucks! Gretzky sucks!" And my best memory is attending the final winning Jets game [ie. the second-last game] - against Detroit in the playoffs. Woo!)

Not that big a difference, I'm 33.

spatha

First Post
devilbat said:
You're missing out on lots of fun.

Not that big a difference, I'm 33.

Although I live in Winnipeg and grew up a Jets(34 years old myself) fan with the Oilers hate I am pulling for the Oilers. I may not like them but they are a Canadian team and I want to see a Canadian team win the cup.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
I have to say I think the Oilers chances have been crushed to near non-exsistance. Roloson is a top flight goal tender - neither of his back ups are near his level and the Oilers need that kind of support in the net. It is a shame really but I think this could be a short series with Carolina on top in 5. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads