Nintendo Switch Dungeons & Dragons Bundle 70% Off

R_J_K75

Legend
While I get what you are saying...especially with 5G, the convenience is overwhelming.
I did put on "Obscured by Clouds" last night along with the Who's "Tommy" Live at Leeds, you cant ask for a better live record then that. but after that it was back to the churning of YouTube. I really miss the days of getting high and putting on headphones and listening to LPs. Sgt Peppers, you cant go wrong

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
It’s a different world and I don’t enjoy all of it.

That’s said, I love being able to tell my smart device “play danzig!” And to be instantly blasted with what I want.

I have Amazon music, satellite radio etc.

My kid got a record player not too long ago and ther is another thing that is not as cool…no more album covers! I used to get my aunt and uncles records out and be mesmerized but the covers until I started getting my own. I was in gradeschool and my mom let me get 4-5 records on one of those music club deals…

Interesting that for her birthday my kid wants to be taken to the record store for actual records…

Jasperak

Adventurer
My kid got a record player not too long ago and ther is another thing that is not as cool…no more album covers! I used to get my aunt and uncles records out and be mesmerized but the covers until I started getting my own. I was in gradeschool and my mom let me get 4-5 records on one of those music club deals…
Moody Blues, Days of Future Passed. Wore out two records and their covers as a little tyke.

Jasperak

Adventurer
Im just sad cause people these days cant stomach to get through an entire CD let alone agree what to play. Its sad. If you never heard it, could you imagine listening to only "Any Colour You Like" off Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon? You wouldnt get the full effect. I loathe streaming music...except for the convenience.
So I bought a crappy 40W speaker that could play USB and Micro SD cards. I ripped all my CDs as full albums so even if I wanted to, I couldn't skip ahead. I put about 12-15 albums on multiple cards and drives, so I just pick a card for my mood, hit random, and sit back and listen.

R_J_K75

Legend
So I bought a crappy 40W speaker that could play USB and Micro SD cards. I ripped all my CDs as full albums so even if I wanted to, I couldn't skip ahead. I put about 12-15 albums on multiple cards and drives, so I just pick a card for my mood, hit random, and sit back and listen.
I have an external hardrive I bought about 10 years ago and statrted ripping all my CDs too but it was a very daunting task and I stopped after too long. I bought it for my truck but iirc I had to format if as FAT32 so the radio could read the USB. It took so long to load up and searching for anything in particular was next to impossible. So now I just use it on my laptop if Im list3ening to music drinking beer in my bedroom. Otherwise, I just use the stereo in my living room. Heres the one I bought, its loud without getting too distorted. But its large so you need a good size table or mantle for it.

I bought this for the garage and its pretty loud as well for the price it works good.

Jasperak

Adventurer
It was really when I learned how to rip a CD as a full album that I started listening to my music again. Now it's like back in the old days with friends and just putting 5 discs in a changer and having a good time the rest of the night. Sanest or soberest had to reload the changer. I don't recall ever being able to do the second change. :)

Jasperak

Adventurer
I have an external hardrive I bought about 10 years ago and statrted ripping all my CDs too but it was a very daunting task and I stopped after too long. I bought it for my truck but iirc I had to format if as FAT32 so the radio could read the USB. It took so long to load up and searching for anything in particular was next to impossible. So now I just use it on my laptop if Im list3ening to music drinking beer in my bedroom. Otherwise, I just use the stereo in my living room. Heres the one I bought, its loud without getting too distorted. But its large so you need a good size table or mantle for it.

I bought this for the garage and its pretty loud as well for the price it works good.
Neither my 11 yo or 8yo would appreciate listening to Danzig on either of those machines. :) Ramones Yes, Danizg No.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Neither my 11 yo or 8yo would appreciate listening to Danzig on either of those machines. :) Ramones Yes, Danizg No.
Haha yeah music tastes vary! But my 16 y/o does like the smiths and will listen to that with me or on her own!

Of all things she got a Rainbow album and and old Iron Maiden one—-I approve!

Remove ads