Nintendo Wii new shipment when?

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
This past weekend my brother-in-law got me into playing the Wii, and my wife and I now both want one.

None are in stock anywhere of course, so when will there be more in stores?
I can't seem to find any information about it, so I turn to those who always seem to know.

Well, I don't keep as close an eye on the shipments since I managed to get a hold of one at launch...but from what I remember, there isn't really any set shipment dates. Many places seem to just be getting them every couple of weeks or so with no real set schedule.

I'd say your best bet is to keep a sharp eye out and give the local places a call to see when they've been told they'll get a shipment in and see if they can give you any advice on how to make sure you can get a hold of one.

Its well worth it. :)

SteelDraco

First Post
I know around here, the local Target store puts some out most Sunday mornings. You might check with them, if you have any in your area.

The_lurkeR

First Post
They're near impossible to find. The shipments are starting to come during the week now. Last Wednesday and Thursday the Target near us got some, but it's still only small amounts and you would have had to be lucky and be there when the truck drops them off. They are selling out in minutes.

Every store I've asked at now says they "have no idea" when the next shipments will arrive, and only know the day they show up. It will probably take another few months before the demand dies down enough to be able to walk in and pick one up off the shelf.

There are a number of sites online that attempt to track the shipments. I've signed up with www.itrackr.com for one example. For free you can check in on your own, for $1.99 they'll text or email you when a store near you receives stock.

Good luck!

LightPhoenix

First Post
If you have a gaming or electronics store around you (Electronics Boutique, Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop, etc.) your best bet might be to ask if it's possible to put a hold on one of the next units to come in, possibly by paying some money down upfront. I don't know if this is usually done for products that have already come out, but given the scarcity, I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible. Kinda like a raincheck, I guess.

I would recommend avoiding doing this at big department stores like Walmart, Target, and so forth. If they'll even do it at all (and most won't) I wouldn't count on internal communication to be up to par, so you may end up getting screwed.

Simplicity

Explorer
Yeah, they're tough to find. I've had my best luck at Target lately... but I still manage to always get there just as they sell out.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Today I checked out Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, EB Games, & Sears.
No luck.

And as a cruel joke EB Games has display boxes, making me think my search was over for 1/2 a second...

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Add 5 more places with nothing.

One of the guys working told me that he had a shipment yesterday that sold out in 10 minutes.
In other words; to get one today, you have to be at the right place at the right time.

DethStryke

Explorer
Check it out:
Code:
www.circuitcity.com/ccd/howToGetItTab.do?c=1&zip=21234&oid=165227&userClick=STORE_PICKUP&showMoreStores=false
                                                 ^^^^^
http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip=21234&asin=B0009VXBAQ
                                    ^^^^^
Change the 21234 to your zip code. :)

Remove ads