Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jaan
"If we decide to split the coin we received..."

Troi nods. "I think tha's prolly th' best idea. There's plen'y in there, an' we kin split it four ways. I s'pose if somebody needed more now, I don' really need my share - assumin' we split it four ways - but I'd 'spect ta have it compensated fer when we get th' pay at th' end a th' trip."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That seems fair. I will echo Troi Delmontes's sentiments in that I have need for little. I use what coin I have to help those in need. If any of you need my share to purchase something expensive, please feel free to make use of any or all of it."

(OOC: This party seems to be a very Good-aligned one--those are 'good' :lol: )

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saaresar, male human servant of the Greenman

Jaan shakes his head.

"A fourth part will be more than enough. I will also pick up a little food for the journey. And some potions," Jaan adds, with a glance at the more heavily armoured Wilhelm.

"I should be back within the hour."

If no one objects, Jaan heads off. If anyone wishes to join him, Jaan is more than pleased to have them along. First Jaan heads to the weapon-smith where he picks up the light mace. The work, as with the heavy mace, is exquisite. They chat for a while about the weapon, the inscriptions and about armour. The man suggests a few places that may have Mithral armour. Jaan leaves his old light mace with the craftsman, in addition to the coin. Then he picks up some fresh bread, fine cheese, spiced meat and dried fruit for the journey, as well as a couple of days worth of travelling rations. They are carefully tucked away in his pack. Next its off to the potion maker. He adds two more potions of Shield of Faith to the one he has. Finally, his route home takes him via a small shrine to Verdante. After some time in prayer, he leaves an offering before leaving.

Jaan returns with his pack bulging. He carefully lowers it to the ground. "Hopefully I won't have to carry it all the way there. And if there is any travelling on foot to be done, I think I will have to shed some of this stuff. Or get a horse. Or a squire."

- ooc -
mw light mace (305 gp), food (5 gp), rations (1 gp), potions (100 gp), offering (30 gp) [total 441gp]. Spd 20 feet with pack. Note to self - don't go with maces with low str fighters.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'd get a morningstar--it does two types of damage, so it works on more monsters, and it does the same damage of a heavy mace, plus it is lighter than a heavy mace by 2 pounds)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi shrugs as Jaan wanders away.

"Well, since we got awhile, s'pose I'll take some notes 'fore we head out."

OoC: Writing first entry in adventuring log for this adventure.

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saaresar, male human servant of the Greenman

"So, any sign of the carriage?" Jaan asks rather pointlessly.

Jaan finds a sunny spot to settle down and wait.

-ooc-
Morningstar. I hadn't really considered those. Jaan's maces, as I saw them, are kind of minimalist - more like club with a iron band around one end. Morningstars are all spiky! And Jaan has just spent over 600 gp on his maces. He will just have to get himself down to the gym. Or get that squire. Very useful for carrying things, squires.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I still do not understand what is this carriage? Is it a person for whom we are waiting? I know! It must be that Karyj is your word for Nomad in the western lands, and he will transport us to this far away place quickly, yes?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"I still do not understand what is this carriage? Is it a person for whom we are waiting? I know! It must be that Karyj is your word for Nomad in the western lands, and he will transport us to this far away place quickly, yes?"

Troi looks up at Lasair, then shakes his head.

"It's too bad tha' Oirhandir ain't comin' with, he'd be able ta 'elp ya out. A carridge is a..." He pauses, and his eyebrows furrow. "It's a little cart-thing, an' it's hooked up ta horses, an' th' horses pull th' carridge. Ya sit in th' thin', an' th' horses take ya where ye're goin'. There's a guy who sits on top a th' carridge, an' he directs th' horses. I think that's th' best way I kin 'splain it..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"So it is like a wagon? Ah, I see. Would we really want to travel all the way to Earling in one? Perhaps we should find a Nomad to bring us there more quickly?"

Remove ads