Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lasair
"So it is like a wagon? Ah, I see. Would we really want to travel all the way to Earling in one? Perhaps we should find a Nomad to bring us there more quickly?"

Troi shakes his head, his eyebrows furrowing once more.

"Y'know, I don' even know what a 'nomad' is. But th' fastest way ta get somewhere far away is by a carridge, er horse, er somethin'. Sure beats th' heck outta goin' by foot, y'know? An' that Pacian guy, er whatever, said we're goin' by carridge, so that's what we're gonna do. 'sides, we don' even know where we're goin', so it'd be kinda hard ta fin' some guy ta take us someplace, when we don' even know where it is."

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm spares Jaan a smiles after his comment. "I didn't expect that such a short and sweet task would have such problems... or such obstacles"

When Jaan leaves, he faces the party. "He makes a point. We should all get provisions and the like for the journey. But besides those, I should be fine for the most part. Ayratha has tempered this servant well."

He looks on to their discussion of a carriage's definition, leaving the task to Troi. He too is a little puzzled about what exactly Lesair meant by a "Nomad".

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Oh... nomad. Now it hits me. Jeez...

Wil
"He makes a point. We should all get provisions and the like for the journey. But besides those, I should be fine for the most part. Ayratha has tempered this servant well."

Troi's ears perk up at the end of Wil's statement.

This one could be trouble. Too much religion...

Down, Troi. He's an ally. Just let him be. He hasn't started messing with you, don't worry about it until he does.

Troi shrugs. "I 'magine things like that'll be provided fer. I mean, th' guy threw us a couple thousan' gold, an' offered more fer completion a th' job. If ye're throwin' aroun' cash like that, I 'magine ya can handle feedin' th' people ye're hirin', too."

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Assuming you have aquired all you're looking to spend...

At dusk, as promised, a carriage pulled by four hourses arrives that the Red Dragon Inn. Finding the four of you waiting, he asks, "Are you Lasair, Troi, Wilhelm, and Jaan, heading to the Nassir estate in Earling?"

The carriage is fairly roomy, with table like structure in the middle that opens up in the center, and 2 benches, one on each side. There are 6 windows, 1 on each side of each bench, and one on each door, one on each side between the benches. "The benches lift up, and you can stow youre gear there, or I can put it under the tarp on top if it won't fit. Inside the table there should be some food, water, and wine. We'll be going till dusk tomorow, when we'll have a brief stop to change horses and get some food. This has been all paid for in advance my Lord Nassir. With luck, we'll be in Earling on the fourth day*."

The man opens the door and kicks down a step to allow you to enter.

*: I reserve the right to change this, this is a guestimate, I didn't consult the map much beyond a simple cursury glance.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Carriage Guy
"Are you Lasair, Troi, Wilhelm, and Jaan, heading to the Nassir estate in Earling?"

Troi nods. "Yar, that we be."

Carriage Guy
"The benches lift up, and you can stow youre gear there, or I can put it under the tarp on top if it won't fit. Inside the table there should be some food, water, and wine. We'll be going till dusk tomorow, when we'll have a brief stop to change horses and get some food. This has been all paid for in advance my Lord Nassir. With luck, we'll be in Earling on the fourth day."

Troi looks to Wil and smiles. "See, wha'd I tell ya?" He then boards the carriage, tossing his backpack under the bench, then seats himself with his lute on his lap after the rest of the gear is stowed.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wil nods at the coachman. "I am Wilhelm of those you seek"

"Your point is taken, Master Delmontes. But I also meant provisions that we might have on our persons in case our journey goes awry. Nevertheless, it appears that it is too late now. Are we ready?" He straightens himself in preparation of the trek to come.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Wil
"Your point is taken, Master Delmontes. But I also meant provisions that we might have on our persons in case our journey goes awry. Nevertheless, it appears that it is too late now. Are we ready?"

Troi shudders. "Call me Troi, if ya could. Bein' called 'master' jus'... 'as an awkward ring ta it."

"I don' think our journey's gonna go bad. Doe'n' hav' th' feel a it, y'know? I got a good feelin' 'bout this one." He shrugs. "As fer bein' ready... I was born ready." He smiles.

Bront

The man with the probe
"If you need to run by the store, it's just down the road, I can take you there if you wish sir," the driver says. "You'll also have an hour layover at the next town, if you wish to buy supplies there."

OOC: You in theory had time before the cart came, I thought you were ready, but no big deal :)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Well, Wil's ready if that counts for anything :p It's just RP, for the most part.

"Very well, Troi" Wil smiles and then, motions to Lesair with a bow to enter the carriage first.

Remove ads