No good deed goes unpunished Part 1

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
Well, obviously the only reasonable solution is to ban hands.
Hands can be made into fists, and fists are used to hurt and kill people.
The gov't should immediately implement a plan to surgically remove the hands from people.

Now, about the guy who saved the girl... no, he should not have been fired. He should be commended and rewarded.

Well, obviously the only reasonable solution is to ban hands.
Hands can be made into fists, and fists are used to hurt and kill people.
The gov't should immediately implement a plan to surgically remove the hands from people.
what do hand have to do with anything?
Now, about the guy who saved the girl... no, he should not have been fired. He should be commended and rewarded.
no, no promotion. He already earns enough working at Wal-Mart. Last thing he needs is a promotion which would come with a higher pay and cause consumers to have to pay more for their Chinese-made products to pay this guy more.

Wal-Mart did the right thing by during this rabblerouser and rule breaker. I'm fast, Wal-Mart should sue this guy to really reach him a lesson about breaking company policy that was implemented by people that are far smarter, more qualified, and better than him.

Klirshon

First Post
This is not unusual. Many corporations adopt a policy that basically instructs its employees to not be a hero and will terminate anyone that violates such instruction. This has happened before and will continue to happen so long as employees want to be heroic while working for companies that encourages their employees to not interfere.

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
But couldn't the chick sue because worker stood there and watched the show? You know, "good samaritan" law or something?
I couldn't have just stood there and watched that without doing something, job be damned.

But couldn't the chick sue because worker stood there and watched the show? You know, "good samaritan" law or something?
I couldn't have just stood there and watched that without doing something, job be damned.
Of course you couldn't just stand there and watch. It's Wal-Mart, you'd be shopping like the rest of the peasants.

Klirshon

First Post
If he takes the employment, he'll have to metaphorically keep his nose clean (and not attempt any more heroics). Management doesn't like having to rehire someone due to public relations issues.

Janx

Hero
There is an old adage.

Evil wins when Good stands by and does nothing.

Wal-Mart advocates doing Nothing.

I think that clearly establishes what aligment Wal-mart is.

Remove ads