No good deed goes unpunished Part 1

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I didn't assign any moral value to my comments. Maybe a hint of ethical value. But it is not that I find it "evil" or "unethical" to make one's money while paying others the exact minimum you are allowed to pay them. It find it disingenuous to try to tell people that everyone can do what he's done.

And as for Walmart being the only job available? I think it's daft to believe that in some areas of our country that Walmart (or similar crappy jobs) are the only real option for certain people. They aren't forced to work there, but when your realistic options are work there or not be able to care for your family? Might as well be a forced decision.

But since you're most likely just being snarky and intentionally trying to push buttons, rant on Robbie.

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
And where, pray tell, is this mythical place where Wal Mart is the only option people have for work? After all, welfare pays better.

What I find disingenuous are people that spread falsehoods and mis-representations about employment.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Robin Hoodlum said:
And where, pray tell, is this mythical place where Wal Mart is the only option people have for work? After all, welfare pays better.

What I find disingenuous are people that spread falsehoods and mis-representations about employment.

I think HS is right, you need some readin' edumacshun Robbie. I already addressed the exclusivity claim you're attributing to me.

And I'm shocked that you would advocate welfare over work.

At least we can agree on spreading falsehoods and misrepresentations about (un)employment. It does suck when super-rich folk claim that we can all be like them if we just try, try, try. But if we're all like them, who's going to work minimum wage for us?

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
That's a great short term solution. Then their superior logic will make them realize that they can just kill or enslave all of us to become top dog.

Remove ads