No good deed goes unpunished Part 1

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Robin Hoodlum said:
I can't imagine the stupidity it takes to think that being unemployed is a reward.
That's one of the most ridiculous and asinine things I have ever heard.

Don't discount the value of free government cheese!

Besides, we all know that getting fired publicly leads to your own reality show, so he won't be unemployed for long.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Well, rejoice, because karma bit me in the ass as I got the 'reward' of not having to work for my employer anymore yesterday. Complete blindside, and only because I'm the 'new guy' with a mere 4.5 years with the company...

Janx

Hero
I can't imagine the stupidity it takes to think that being unemployed is a reward.
That's one of the most ridiculous and asinine things I have ever heard.

I think Vyvyan was referring to the idea that working at Walmart is a special kind of bad (and it is as confirmed by at least 3 real people I know who worked there).

So your tone is a bit insulting, considering it seemed pretty obvious that he was dissing Walmart, not the general concept of unemployment

In my opinion, walmart is a terrible employer and it is unfortunate that people have no other option in their job market but to work at Walmart.

As the news just announced, the hero declined the offer of getting his job back, as Walmart won't clear the black mark on his record and may still hold it against him as retaliation.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
No other options? Yes, certainly.

There's a very old addage: "The world needs ditch diggers."

Because that was considered the worst job at its time. And it says more than it seems to. While a single person has the opportunity to make something of themself, it is also true that everyone can't be the Founder and CEO of Godfather's Pizza. He made his money shelling out minimum wage to make his millions.

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
So, you are saying success is evil?
If one doesn't want to work at Wal Mart, nobody is forcing one to.
And if you expect me to believe that Wal Mart is ones only option for employment, then you are daft.

Remove ads