• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Hero's Welcome - IC

frostrune

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
Rising his eyebrow the dwarf evaluated the newcomer as he did with the human. Then he rises his shoulders "Well met Barak, Ah', Kuro"

"Barrrrak-A", the shifter says a little more forcefully than he intended as his nose twitches as if taking in the scent of the simple dwarf.

He shrugs and smiles weakly hoping he didn't offend Kuro.

He looks to the Cyran before noticing the man's eyes go wide at the approach of someone else. Instinctively the shifter turns and his upper lip curls up in a psuedo-snarl at what he sees. The gloom of the man's, no elf's, hood does little to hide his features from the shifter.

You see the hair on the shifter's neck rise as he steps back pace. He eyes the newcomer warily but says nothing; curious to see how the other two respond.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Barraka then? Fair enough, Ah'm not good with names anyway." answer the dwarf to the shifter with a wide smile.
Upon seen the elf approach, the dwarf grumbles a short greeting "Join at once, elf. Theres plenty of room. My name's Kuro, Kuro Gemshard "

Ion

Explorer

[imagel]http://homepage.usask.ca/~rad764/dnd/Tensen-avatar.jpg[/imagel]

"With luck we will see tomorrow in Cyre!"

Conrad stands and salutes the two newcomers, then introduces himself. He pays special attention when saluting the fellow officer, and looks into the elf's face as he repeats his rank and allegiance. "Lieutenant Conrad Tensen of the Fifth Cyran Infantry" He drinks in the details like Barraka's posture and coarse hair, as well as Novhilion's slight build and curious bird.

frostrune

First Post
Baraka's eyes dart from Novhilian to the Cyran, to the dwarf. Seeing the other two's lack of apparent concern seems to diffuse the situation a bit for him. He fights back his instincts and mentally forces himself into a more relaxed posture. The hair on his neck and arms returns to normal.

He doesn't quite trust himself to speak however so his only reply to the strange elf is a curt nod and weak smile.

'What a strange bunch joined under the sign of the dragon? The Traveller is having a bit of fun with us," Baraka thinks to himself.

Necro_Kinder

First Post
From a table near a window comes a yapping bark, followed shorly by a low voice silencing it. Looking closer, the voice comes from a figure that seems to blend into the table itself. The figure stands, and is now recognizable as a Warforged, but no ordinary Warforged. His body is covered in dark wood, not the customary Mithral or Adamantium. He moves to the window, his stone joints crunching as he walks. He leans out the window and throws a scrap of meat to the unseen beast. He picks up his gear form his table, and approaches the rest of the group. Slinging his pack over his shoulder, he wanders to the rest of the group. "I am called Oakheart. Is this not the Dragon group?" He puts forth a hand holding a dragon token.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Novhilion's eyes dart to the Shifter for an instant, noticing his hair bristling. Their eyes meet for an instant, and Novhilion returns his attention to the rest of the table. Novhilion gives a polite nod to the group, acknowledging the Human, the Dwarf, and the Shifter.

"My thanks to you." He takes a seat at the table, removing his hood out of courtesy. His long, white hair drapes around his shoulders, and his ravaged face is exposed. "My apologies for my unpleasant appearance. An unfortunate accident took place many years ago, one that I was regretfully the victim of." His smile remains as he places his token back into his robe. "If you would prefer, the hood could remain."

A crunching sound approaches the table, and Novhilion and Caron divert their attention to the figure approaching the table. <A Warforged,> Caron observes. The Warforged asks if this is the Dragon group, and Novhilion nods. "Indeed, it is. I am Novhilion Wraithblood, Sixth Breland Infantry." He gestures towards Caron. "And this is Caron. Well met, I'm sure."

frostrune

First Post
'Wow. This keeps getting weirder,' Baraka thinks to himself as he looks about the room half expecting to see a mindflayer juggling stirges approaching.

'I can't wait to see how the human is going to handle this menagerie,' he wonders, naturally assuming the Cyran to be the leader. 'General Larthney is going to assign us sewer duty for sure.'

Outwardly he seems more relaxed and a bit of a smirk has crossed his features. He again nods to acknowledge the warforged arrival. He does not introduce himself.

OOC: Since we're new to playing together I just wanted to throw out a disclaimer. I'm not trying to pick on anyone's character. Baraka is a feral, sarcastic, and dark humored shifter. Please don't take offense.

Also Ion - I'm not throwing you under the bus to be the leader, Baraka is just assuming so at this point.

Disclaimer over ;)

Andreas

First Post
Another human is aproaching your table. He is about 5 foot and a half tall and his skinny body is bend by the burden of the large backbag he is carrying. But at least the straps of the backpack and of the similar huge belt pounch on his right side seem to hold his slightly large chainshirt in place. The weight of the pouch seems to be balanced out by a big scrollcase that is attached to his left. He can´t be more then 20 year old, and by the way he moves it is highly unlikely that he has ever seen real combat.

But his brown eyes under the short black hair lock everyone on the table briefly in the eye before he anounces with a clear voice
Ah, nice to meet you all! It seems we will work together the next few days. My name is Aberon Harper, but you all may call me Abe. The last few years i served in the Cyran army and what remained of it. But as we at the logistic and supply corps never saw much battle i never managed to rise above the rank of an ensign. Oh, excuse me, i have to get the rest of my stuff. I got kicked out of my room this morning and had to bring everything with me.
And with this words he drops his backback and goes back to another table, just to return with a large steelshield and a big metal mace in his hands.
So, whats the plan?

Last edited:

Necro_Kinder

First Post
"Well met. I am called Oakheart" Oakheart glances around the table, looking at the humans, dwarf, elf and shifter. The Shifter grabs his attention, he has always been facinated by the race after meeting some in the war. He pulls over a chair and sits with a large crunch, the chair squeaking as his full weight rests in it. He leans his staff agains the table and then turns towards the group, intently listening to what they have to say.

Ion

Explorer

[imagel]http://homepage.usask.ca/~rad764/dnd/Tensen-avatar.jpg[/imagel]

"With luck we will see tomorrow in Cyre!"

Conrad nods to Oakheart and acknowledges that yes indeed this is team dragon. He can't help but crack a thin smile upon seeing the skinny boy trundling towards the table.
"Ensign Harper" He barks out in his best Lieutenant voice. "It's been two years and you still haven't managed to grow into your armor" Conrad shakes his head and smiles genuinely, glad to see a fellow countryman. "I know a spare room over in Broken Arch that's always open for a fellow military man from the homeland. We can put you up if you'd like."

Turning back to the table, now full of colorful characters, Conrad runs his hands through his thinning hair. "We've got a grim task ahead of us, but there is no use in putting it off. My suggestion is we go take a look around some of the crime scenes. With as many levels, and walkways as there are in Sharn, someone was bound to have seen something. Even with a team our size, we'll be able to cover a fair amount of ground, and I have a feeling some of our more -unique- qualities will give us an angle other teams might lack."

Conrad meets the gazes of his teammates, ready to hear comment and criticism regarding his plan.

Remove ads