• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Hero's Welcome - IC

Ion

Explorer

[imagel]http://homepage.usask.ca/~rad764/dnd/Tensen-avatar.jpg[/imagel]

"With luck we will see tomorrow in Cyre!"

Conrad counts out nine gold from his belt pouch, and gives them to the woman.
"If there is need of sleeping room, I'm sure I can convince a some up in my neighborhood to billet a few for a while. There are some fine people up in Broken Arch, we try our best to look after our own."

He signs his name on the sheet, and walks out the door.

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Andreas said:
Hmm, i don´t think i have seen an warforged like you before. How did they manage to make the wood durable enough to not bend and warp as you move? I don´t want to appear intrusive, but would you mind if i examine you later when there is more time?

Oakheart looks at the overburdened human and raises a stoney eyebrow. "Yes, I would think my construction is of curious make to one such as yourself, but let us first attend to the matter at hand.'' He turns at the sound of running feet, and listens to the breathless chatter that ensues. Walking up to the girl, he pulls out a peice of gold from a pouch on his pack and hands it to her. "Oakheart" he states as he signs her paper. Turning towards the door, he waits for the rest of the group to finish.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Novhilion sees Conrad walk out the door. He looks at the others for a minute, seeing that they are still signing, and follows Conrad. "They'll be finished momentarily," he thinks. Seeing Conrad outside, Novhilion walks up beside him. "So, Lieutenant Tensen. What do you think of this little band we've landed into?" Novhilion gives a wan smile. "I would think it unique, to say the least." Novhilion looks back to the door, waiting for the others to emerge. "But, what else is to be expected under such circumstances? I assume that you've led worse, or at least I hope." Novhilion turns his attention back to Conrad, and his eyes harden. "Regardless, I am as eager as any of us to find this 'Last Warrior'. One who seeks to stir up war in a time of peace is of no use to any of us. Any help that I can offer to bring this miscreant to justice, I will provide."

Ion

Explorer

Conrad runs his hands through his hair again and looks back towards the door he just left. "Unique is the word for it Novhilion; however I have a feeling it will work to our advantage. Our best hope is to learn each other's capabilities, and quickly, so that when one of our skills is called upon, we can all work together to maneuver the right person into the right place at exactly the right time."

Conrad sighs deeply before continuing. "Our best hope is if this last warrior is acting alone, and is without allies. There is always the possibility that he is a smaller piece in a much grander scheme.

Worse yet, what if the actions of this last warrior serve the purpose of getting veterans such as us riled up and at arms. It is a good thing thing we are reminded as we leave from this point that we are not the guard. It is only a matter of time until some of the younger men in there start treating this like a battle. When that moment comes, someone will get hurt, and the guard will become distracted from the real last warrior and start arresting us. We're easy targets, we'd be thrown in the dungeons of down below.

We don't know enough to guess at the plan of this last warrior. We cannot let our ignorance paralyze us, but we must stay within the laws of Sharn as much as we can. Like us, the guard is grasping at straws, and us veterans are about to become a lot more visible in the city."

Conrad turns away and looks up into the night, seeing only pieces of the sky around the many towers of Sharn. He waits quietly for the rest of Team Dragon to catch up.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Gemshard" Kuro says distracted. "I'm sorry young lady, I can't spare much of my few coins, I have to eat tomorrow" he says.

OOC: Well a high charisma must be usefull for something right?

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Oakheart sees that the group is moving out and heads for the door. Upons walkig outside, he makes an odd whistleing noise most non-warforged would find impossible to make. From around the corner darts a bipedel dinosaur, a Fastieth. It runs over to Oakheart and happily takes the peice of meat from his hand. He turns to those already outside: "Let me introduce you to the final member of our group, Swift Tooth." With this Swift Tooth darts over to Novhilion and sniffs at Conrad. "Shall we begin?" Oakheart asks.

frostrune

First Post
Baraka bounds up to join the others. His eyes dart rapidly about exploring every shadow.

He snorts at the introduction of the dinosaur, again marvelling at the motley lot he has been thrown in with.

"Where are those kids the woman promised?"

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Novhilion nods at Conrad, clearly impressed by his assessment of the situation. "Wise observations, Lieutenant. You have the mind of a tactician, but perhaps the greatest threat lies not within our enemy, but within ourselves. I can only hope that we all may find it within ourselves to hold our differences at bay and unite for our common goal. We, Team Dragon, seem to have different reasons, methods, and ideals, but that must be overcome, at least for the time being." Novhilion stops for a moment, collecting his thoughts and evaluating the situation. "As for the law, fear not, I will operate purely within the bounds of said law. I received my taste of disorder and madness during the war, you need not worry about I." Novhilion pauses for a moment. "Better to inform you sooner than later. Perhaps you should be aware of the fact that I practice an... unorthodox variety of magic. Are you familiar with Necromancy, Lieutenant Tensen?"

As soon as Novhilion finishes his sentence, he hears a whistle and the pounding of a running beast. He quickly turns around, reaching for his weapon, but he quickly relaxes as he sees the beast run to Oakheart. After he introduces the beast as Swift Tooth, the dinosaur darts towards Novhilion, and Caron caws nervously. <Be at peace, my friend. It means us no harm.> Caron settles down, nervously preening his feathers. <So you say.> The Shifter gruffly inquires as to the whereabouts of the children, and Novhilion shakes his head. "I haven't the faintest idea. But, I'm not entirely certain that I expect children to be precisely on time."

mhd

Adventurer
By now, even the late-comers and more oblivious are able to detect a gaggle of children hiding behind a particularly impressive trash heap. A few heads are coming forth, now that the reptile is a bit further away. One of the larger boys, helmeted with a rusty pot, is talking to his followers. After a short discussion, a freckled something is prodded towards you.

After being pushed for a few feet, he manages to find a few specks of dignity, flattens his coat (Brelish standard issue, about four sizes to large) and strides towards you, one hand thrust deeply into a pocket, the other running nervously through his hair. By doing this, he loosens some of his mane, and he's close enough now that you're able to see a few bald spots strewn randomly across his scalp.

With something that almost looks like a dance, he makes a few hops around both the fastieth and its owner and finally ends up standing in front of Lt. Tensen.

"G'day, suh. I'm called Stropford. Was told to keep waitin' for folks right here, showing them to wherever they wan' go... Ah've even been to the foot of the tow'r where the rich man was made a flag on! Hope you're not on pay-troll like the last buncha guys. The places left aren't the niciest."

Ion

Explorer

When Novhilion mentions necromancy, Conrad's face turns ash grey, but there isn't time to say anything more before the others join them. The Lieutenant puts his hand out for Swift Tooth to get the scent of him.

In his rush to get out the door, the word of that woman finally catch up with him. She wants to send children with us? Has she lost it? He watches Stropford closely as he dances around the dinosaur. Unable to shake the image of his own boy, Marshall, in his Gloria's arms. He left them both, wife and son, in Metrol. His duty to his country was calling him. Neither of them survived the day of Mourning.

Conrad wipes his face with his hand, careful to remove the few tears that had been welling up in his eyes. He kneels down to look the boy in the eyes. "Well Stropford, it is a pleasure to meet you, we are team dragon." Conrad runs his hands through his hair, and looks around to the other boys. "I tell you what, lets make a deal Mr. Stropford. If you tell us where the bad things have been happening, I'll give you and your mates enough gold that you can go sit in an inn and eat them out of all the sweets they got. Don't you worry about us finding our way, I've been in the city for a few years, we'll find our path."

Remove ads