• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Man's Land (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
(ooc - Oops, I misread. Sorry. I'll be more careful in the future)

With a grimace at the amount of Ki she was expending on what she'd hoped to be a fast takedown, Thorn invokes her Ghost Step and stops falling as gravity vanishes. She then grabs the hem of her cloak, causing it to flare out like a pair of bat wings. The deck flickers past her as she flaps up and through it, heading for the flying mage and watching the rainfall as she gets closer...see if there's a place where the rain isn't being deflected from around the mage.

Darimaus

First Post
Rino said:
Eion sees the blades coming towards the ship he is on. he yells to the rest of the ship guys, we need to get of the boat, there is a storm of blades comming towards us all

he looks on his left and sees a boat very close to his. he decides in a split second that he is doomed of he stays on this boat. he takes a sprint to the edge of boat and jumps with all the strength he has in him to the other boat.
[sblock=die roll]
1d20+13=33[/sblock]

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid that the blade barrier was not a preconjured item, which means that Eion couldn't have spotted it before hand. I'll let you revise your actions.

Munthrek and his mount once again charge forewards, this time at the pair that confronted them. As he neared his chosen target however, the medallioned figure reached out and touch his companion and they both vanished. Even before Munthrek could ponder on their current location, a barrage of debris launched itself at his mount, dealing it 9 subduel damage. (OOC: A successful spot check (DC 25) will reveal they are on a chunk of driftwood floating on the ocean about 70 feet away.)

The lady's voice, a barely audible whisper, reaches the ears of Whin and his companions,

[colr=green] "We should be going. We don't know enough about the situation to be makin gsuch delays." [/color]

OOC: Shayuri, is that your round or are you planning on slipping another action in?

Thorn notices that as she closes with the shadowy form, it doesn't seem to be solid. It has a distored appearance that makes it so that she can't quite make out if the rain is being blocked around her foe.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Whin nods to Daidoji and then turns to Meekor "Well if he passes your inspection, I suppose he'll do." He looks down at the dwarf "And just for the record, what he said is true.. Protect the Meekor. We will leave as soon as Daidoji is finished his conversation. Do not worry about being 'late' getting anywhere, we'll make it on time." He finishes with a grin before looking over to Daidoji

OOC: Just for the record, Whin isn't really a 'man'(as in human), he's a Fiendishly grafted Spellscale. The grafts have been on him for nearly 2 decades, since he was a child, and now look like they've always been there(AKA not 'grafts'), so he looks somewhat like a fiendish, draconic being with spiked silver hair.
Moritheil - Whin would have told Ichiru that Meekor was a friend and trusted companion, as well as Whin's spiritual advisor, and as such, important to him. He would also have told him that while Meekor acts like many goblins, not to underestimate him.

Voidrazor

First Post
Darimaus said:
OOC:

Ok, we have a sort of contradiction here we need to fix up. Yuo can't be at both places at once. If you step off the boat you are on to assist the fallen ones, you won't make it to the island in time for the greeting. I need to know where you decide to be.
OOC - Lowryllyth would probably assume that she could make it back to the ship. But if teleportation is blocked and the ambushers are tough, this is unlikely to be the case. Although if she takes the form of a wyrmling Force Dragon, flies at run speed and Hustles, she might be able to catch up. But, I don't want to cause continuity problems. Is it OK attempts to rescue some people and tries to get back?

A couple of questions:
Until now has Lowryllyth been able to teleport between ships?
How far is ship 9 from ship 10?
If L. can see the new figures, how far are they away?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Jareel Arinthis - Monk 20 hp: 201/201

After enduring several days upon the ship, Jareel decided to spend the rest of the voyage in meditation. His thoughts go out to his patron saint, as they have many thousands of times in the past. His lord does not answer -- as he always does. Cuthbert expects Jareel to find his own way -- to protect the faithful.

Jareel is a member of the Billets, the order tasked with the protection of Cuthbert's faithful. Cuthbert himself selected Jareel to represent his will in the journey to No Man's Land. His instructions were clear - rid the world of the chaos and impose law. If in the course of his actions, he can steer more people to the path of St. Cuthbert, so be it.

Jareel is in his cabin meditating when he hears the destruction begin. He is sitting on the floor as he hears the boat become fodder for sounds like a gigantic saw, he instantly wills his body from this plane of existance.

OOC: Jareel uses his Empty Body ability to become ethereal (up to 20 rounds/day)

He watches as the blades smash through the walls of his cabin, passing through him and onto the walls of the other side of the cabin.

Jareel thinks to himself, "Such a great loss of life..." His thoughts go out to the thousands of warriors affected by the wanton carnage. "This has been a most inaspicious start, but in chaos, one must enforce law, or all is lost. "

With that, Jareel attempts to take stock of his new situation. He thinks of his pearl that is in his haversack, but does not reach in for it yet.

OOC: Jareel once the situation calms down and Jareel takes in his new surroundings - in his Handy Haversack is his Pearl of the Sirens (he expects to be wet very soon)

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
OOC: Voidrazor - Teleportation between the ships is possible, so most of the PCs capable of doing it have done it so far. But realistically, if you don't teleport, you could turn into that wyrmling force dragon all you want you still won't be able to emmulate a constant 1,000 ft/round movement speed for over 24 hours straight. The distance between ships varies as the storm does, but its usually between 50 to 200 ft apart. The biggest issue would be that by the time you guys have figured out what happened, the ship would have been somewhere along the lines of 3,000 ft away. considering the weather you can't see them right now, so it'll take you a at least a few rounds to get over there. Long story short, you can stay on the boat and be at the island, or you can go back and help the other pcs in their battle and miss the welcoming commitee altogether. Its whatever role you think your character should be a part of.

moritheil - The answer to you divination was no, there was no target for the attack.

Last edited:

Unkabear

First Post
moritheil said:
Stepping away from the group again, Ichiru addresses the pixie, switching back to Sylvan. "That is not really my style. I am Daidoji Ichiru, guardian of the forests. I have known many fey to be dependable and honourable allies, and I am glad to see you on this mission. Are there others of your kind with you?"

OOC: Thanks. :D

Grift nods to Daidoji “There are a few other pixies aboard as well as other sprites. But the Useeli Court sent many Fey. Though with the loss of the three ships I could not begin to give you any concrete numbers as we spit ourselves amongst the ships.” Grift looks at the man calling himself Daidoji. “If it is alright with your companions I would be more than happy to assist you on our mission. If not,” Grift blinks in and out of vision with a grin “I can find another place where I would fit in.”

moritheil

First Post
Unkabear said:
Grift nods to Daidoji “There are a few other pixies aboard as well as other sprites. But the Useeli Court sent many Fey. Though with the loss of the three ships I could not begin to give you any concrete numbers as we spit ourselves amongst the ships.” Grift looks at the man calling himself Daidoji. “If it is alright with your companions I would be more than happy to assist you on our mission. If not,” Grift blinks in and out of vision with a grin “I can find another place where I would fit in.”

Ichiru thinks for a moment before continuing in Sylvan. "It is good that there are others, though I worry as to the fate of those who were attacked. I was not able to ascertain anything concrete with my divinations. At any rate, you are here now. Let me see about convincing my associates to include you in our expedition. You don't have any problems with putting down a paladin gone mad, I trust?"

OOC
moritheil - The answer to you divination was no, there was no target for the attack.
Darimaus - Thanks!

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Obsidian & Granit

Obsidian is a massive and hellish creation of burnt adamantine metal, purplish stone and dark wood. Countless razor sharp spikes of all sizes protrude randomly in all directions from his body. He easily towers over the tallest of warriors and even some small shakes in the stand in the pier. Slung across his back is a hammer the size of a baby dragon and created from the same nightmare as he. His large hand grips this massive weapon loosely as he uses his large form to carry the weight of the weapon. With every step he takes a small tremor is sent through the earth and is felt within those that dare to come within a few yards. As he makes his way onto the ship it is almost short of miracle that the ship itself did not sink under his weight. He heads to no cabin, nor does he seek shelter with the hold of the boat. Instead he sits on the bow of the boat with his demented hammer laying loving across his lap. His large spikes dig deep into the wood of ship, enforcing the display that nothing is going to move him unless he wishes it.

Throughout the entire voyage Obsidian never moves from his spot. He never blinks, and never adjusts his position despite how violent the storm maybe. His only sign of life is when the other ships are violently attacked. When this happens, he turns his gaze to full take in the attack. After the attack is over he returns his gaze back towards the front of the ship and there it stays until the make land fall.

He disembarks with the rest of the summoned army and slowly makes his way towards the rally point. His feet sink deeply into the soft earth. After the maiden’s speech is over and a direct by her has been given, he simply begins to walk off in the direct of the enemy. Leaders will stand up and formations will be formed. Sooner or later the battle will begin and with his Lord’s blessing, he will be there.

OOC: Heads to Thrall on the west coast. Since that is were most of the major battles have ocurred.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads