• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Man's Land (IC)

Jemal

Adventurer
Whin looks back and forth from the dwarf to his companions, then the little fey that just popped up. "We seem to be drawing too much attention" He thinks, glancing at the woman in the skull mask.

"Indeed, Sir Grimarmor, we are all after the same purpose here.. Every one of these hundreds of powers wish to be the hero that takes down the disciples. Many of them are even foolish and arrogant enough to think they can do it themselves." He stops as a couple raised eyebrows meet that statement from nearby people, and hears scoffs from some he'd met on the boat, and others who knew his reputation. "Ah, so you think that I am one of those arrogant fools? You think I would take on these disciples myself?" Whin shakes his head, and speaks so any standing nearby can hear him.

"I know that I am not the strongest, the fastest, or the toughest member of this army. There are doubtless one or two here more skilled in the blade than I, and surely a few more versed in Magic. I am not so arrogant, and I doubt that I am the most powerful man here." Whin looks down at Meekor and rolls his eyes.. yeah right "But what I DO know is balance. How to balance Strength and Speed, Steel and Sorcery, Skill and Determination. We all must do such a balancing act, and for those of you who cannot balance it internally, you will need allies, even as I myself gather allies. If this were a job meant for one person, then only one person would be here. Even if the deities are covering their odds 10 to 1, that still means that a hundred of us will be needed to save our world. Now get to it, stop fantasizing about being the Hero and start working to keep yourself alive." Whin looks down at the dwarf, then back at his friends "Meekor, Ichiru, lady, what do you say? We must decide quickly and be out of here, I don't want to attract any more. This should be a small, well forged group, not a mob."

Jemal

Adventurer
As Whin waits for his companions to think it over, he glances upwards to see a large, familiar shape streaking off. "Yashar.." He whispers under his breath. The other experiment.

Rino

First Post
Eion sees the blades coming towards the ship he is on. he yells to the rest of the ship guys, we need to get of the boat, there is a storm of blades comming towards us all

he looks on his left and sees a boat very close to his. he decides in a split second that he is doomed of he stays on this boat. he takes a sprint to the edge of boat and jumps with all the strength he has in him to the other boat.
[sblock=die roll]
1d20+13=33[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
Jemal said:
Whin looks down at the dwarf, then back at his friends "Meekor, Ichiru, lady, what do you say? We must decide quickly and be out of here, I don't want to attract any more. This should be a small, well forged group, not a mob."

Interrupted in his overtures to the pixie, Ichiru nods at Whin, and moves to rejoin him. Unlike the warrior, he does not pitch his voice to carry far. "It seems we should ask around in the nearby city called Grace. We can obtain maps of the island there. How many are you able to teleport at once?"

OOC: Ichiru would have told Whin to call him Daidoji, but he isn't about to be fussy over a slip of the tongue.

What has Whin told Ichiru of Meekor? His attitude towards the goblin will vary depending on what he has heard.

Rathan

First Post
Meekor looks up to whin with a crooked smile,then over the dwarf as he moves in for closer inspection. "hmmmm...." the goblin utters softly as he reaches out to poke the stout drawf in his bicep and forearms.... " methinks he be ok Whin, we could use a strong arm for me to stand behind.." the little goblin exclaims as he grins a rather toothy, and nasty looking litte grin at both Whin and the dwarf. " he be ok with me as long as he protects the Meekor.."

Unkabear

First Post
The…man grafted with demon parts was right, the team should be small. But he was one to offer his abilities to the others. “Well met, my name is Grift and I serve as a scout and support. I may not stand as a front line fighter, but I can hold my own & prove useful.” Grift said with a twinkle in his eye. “But if you are sure that you can do this banner blazing and sword swinging. Well, I guess you aren’t the only ones.” Grift waited for their response, there were others that looked promising as well. And though he did not expect to show up and be the big hero he was looking to find a place, and something to do.

moritheil

First Post
Unkabear said:
Well met, my name is Grift and I serve as a scout and support. I may not stand as a front line fighter, but I can hold my own & prove useful.” Grift said with a twinkle in his eye. “But if you are sure that you can do this banner blazing and sword swinging. Well, I guess you aren’t the only ones.” Grift waited for their response, there were others that looked promising as well. And though he did not expect to show up and be the big hero he was looking to find a place, and something to do.

OOC: Is Grift replying in Sylvan, or is he speaking in Common? And is he replying to Ichiru, or is he talking to Whin now, or someone else? It's a little confusing with the use of the term "they."

(And yes, Ichiru's response will be different depending on the circumstances.)

Unkabear

First Post
moritheil said:
OOC: Is Grift replying in Sylvan, or is he speaking in Common? And is he replying to Ichiru, or is he talking to Whin now, or someone else? It's a little confusing with the use of the term "they."

(And yes, Ichiru's response will be different depending on the circumstances.)

Responding in Sylvan to Ichiru as he is the one addressing him and not speaking as if he did not exist.

moritheil

First Post
"Actually, it occurs to me that we should discuss your transportation capabilities later and in private," Ichiru says to Whin in Common, holding up a hand to forestall a response. "It would be rude of me not to talk to someone before we leave for town. Excuse me for a moment."

Unkabear said:
The…man grafted with demon parts was right, the team should be small. But he was one to offer his abilities to the others. “Well met, my name is Grift and I serve as a scout and support. I may not stand as a front line fighter, but I can hold my own & prove useful.” Grift said with a twinkle in his eye. “But if you are sure that you can do this banner blazing and sword swinging. Well, I guess you aren’t the only ones.” Grift waited for their response, there were others that looked promising as well. And though he did not expect to show up and be the big hero he was looking to find a place, and something to do.

Stepping away from the group again, Ichiru addresses the pixie, switching back to Sylvan. "That is not really my style. I am Daidoji Ichiru, guardian of the forests. I have known many fey to be dependable and honourable allies, and I am glad to see you on this mission. Are there others of your kind with you?"

OOC: Thanks. :D

Remove ads