• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Man's Land (IC)

Avalon®

First Post
The stadium contains a multitue of beings ranging from kobolds wearing platemail made from the shells of giant beetles to armor-clad trolls and black golems wielding hammers the size of horses. Each one dreams of being the one to take down Alex but they realize that they can't do it on their own. After the speech by the priestess, they begin to gather into groups planning to be the one to find and capture the bard themselves.

Amidst all the chaos, a lone dwarf stands in the heat of daytime. He soon spots a group forming not far from him. The group is an ecclectic bunch. One's the goblin he saw on his ship during the journey here, two cloacked being with one wearing a skull mask, and another who has the limbs of a fiend. With a grin, he moves closer to them, his brightly polished breastplate gleaming in sunlight.

He saunters up to them before saying "Good morning to ya. The name's Therin Grimarmor, agent of the dwarven kings. Seems like circumstances have made brothers of us all. I notice that you seem to be forming a group to take down the disciples." He then gives them a look-over before continuing. "You fellows don't seem to have much meat on them bones of yers. I don't think those bodies of yers can handle much damage. What you need is a good ol' dwarven body to shield ya from harm. Luckily for you, I'm here to offer my services to yer enterprise. What say ye?"

moritheil

First Post
Ichiru takes note of the dwarf's approach, but does not risk offending the High Priestess by turning his attention away from her. It will have to be up to Whin, the goblin, or the masked one to speak with the newcomer.

Voidrazor

First Post
On the tenth day

Lowyllyth suppressed a smile upon seeing th other ships suddenly wreck. Here was a golden opportunity to put some some of this 'army of heroes' in her debt. She sent a quick mental command to her dominated 'former self' in the crow's nest above. Slave! Prepare yourself. We have work to do.
The baroness then stepped sideways into an accelerated timeframe to quickly prepare herself for the rigors ahead. In the same apparent moment she hurled herself aloft on great bat-like wings to join 'other Lowryllyth'. An unearthly lightshow erupted from a non-euclidian spatial distortion between them as they merged into a single form. The weird lights still dying down, the conjoined Lowryllyth flew powerfully towards the sinking ruin of the shattered tenth ship.

OOC - Casts standard buffs plus quickened Schism (123pp). Her cohort manifests Steadfast Perception. Next round she'll attempt to use Inconstant Location (a teleport effect, 60') as an added speed boost while using run fly speed (240') towards ship 10
Darimaus said:
"I am Ludwig Vangervaul, at your service. Me and my brother would love to accompany you through the horrors and perils of the unknown." He turns back to the crowd and addresses a similarly dressed man, wearing a red feather instead, trying to talk up a pair of Dryads. "Hey Sanders! Hey... Hello... Sanders! SANDERS!!! Come on, get over here!" He faces the baroness once more. "We pledge ourselves to protect you from whatever harms may come your way!"
The hint of a smile touches, the eyes of the ersatz major-domo above the partially lowered opaque veil. But it is the silk-clad other who speaks, "We accept your pledge ... lords. If you have come seeking danger and glory, you will not have to wait long." She addresses the crowd as a whole, her voice not quite cracking, "Are there any others here brave enough to test the might of the living dead?"

Darimaus

First Post
Munthrek spots Thorn battling on the wreckage. He and his mount charge foreward towards her attacker, but Tekumo slams into an invisible barrier (taking 14 damage from the impact). Before the pair could recover, a pillar of falme engulfs them (Ref saves please).

OOC: Shayuri, you were actually supposed to make two grapple checks (one for damage and one for being grappled again), however since the tentacles rolled a 1 on their first grapple check I'll consider it a success for your character.

Thorn manages to avoid the swarm of tentacles engulfing her, and slips into the hole she was suspended over. She finds herself 50 feet up, quickly dropping into the dark, cold water below.

Ichiru catches the High Priestess just as she was leaving the stadium. As she noticed that she was needed, she slowly turns, a patient smile on her face.

"How may I assist you, brave warrior?"

As Ichiru explains his questions to her, she shakes her head sadly.

"These are very valid questions, but I am afraid my assisance is quite limited. You see, this Island is very fractured at the moment, its faith in the Church lost since the revolt those many years ago. As such, we chosen of the Gatekeeper have in fact essentially become our own seperate nation. While our servants, as well as the warriors who sail here to aid our cause may wanderer unhindered, information is not passed along to us as it once used to be. As such, Hail is sort of a mystery. We know that it seems like a happy, prosperous nation, but from what we can tell most of it is just a front they put up for outsiders in order to keep their secrets from being revealed. You could however get a map of the area from Grace. As for Aelim, we have only met once, despite him being a follower of the Gatekeeper. And therin lies the problem. If he has turned to another cause, the Gatekeeper would have stripped his powers away from him. However, in order to do as much damage as he has done, he must have a source different from that of conventional sources. I suggest you be on your guard when you deal with him. Much is unknown. Aelim's officers are all slain, killed by his own hand in the Mountians alongwith the rest of his army. His belongings have been destroyed die to the fear that they could somehow be cursed. However..."

Neomi looks around quickly to make sure noone is listening,

"I have in my posesion a sword he used in training. If you believe that will assist you, go to the Ulcered Snake Inn and wait until midnight tonight and it shall be delivered to you. As for our divinations, I am afraid we cannot detect a thing from them. Testimony from those who have been lucky enough to escape the Disciples wrath were unable to get a result from even the most direct divinations. It is part of the reason that they are so dangerous. I bid you luck, my warrior, but I must attend to my duties now."

She walks out of the Stadium, and enters a golden wagon being pulled by shining white horses. The horses head off, taking the wagon out of sight in minutes.

Unkabear

First Post
Grift slips through the crowds. Each group a potential ally. But who? There was one group growing, it held a goblin, but Grift had worked with ones of his kind before. A Dwarf? Even though the Gatekeeper had a strict order of no infighting, choosing a group with potential enemies would only be a brew for trouble. But then, these were strange times. Stranger things could happen. Long before he approached this group he made himself visible. It would not be polite to just sneak up on them.

He approached them though noting that they were speaking with the high priestess of the Gatekeeper, he stood back and waited a moment to speak, their attention would change after their conversation with her.

Darimaus

First Post
Voidrazor said:
On the tenth day

Lowyllyth suppressed a smile upon seeing th other ships suddenly wreck. Here was a golden opportunity to put some some of this 'army of heroes' in her debt. She sent a quick mental command to her dominated 'former self' in the crow's nest above. Slave! Prepare yourself. We have work to do.
The baroness then stepped sideways into an accelerated timeframe to quickly prepare herself for the rigors ahead. In the same apparent moment she hurled herself aloft on great bat-like wings to join 'other Lowryllyth'. An unearthly lightshow erupted from a non-euclidian spatial distortion between them as they merged into a single form. The weird lights still dying down, the conjoined Lowryllyth flew powerfully towards the sinking ruin of the shattered tenth ship.

OOC - Casts standard buffs plus quickened Schism (123pp). Her cohort manifests Steadfast Perception. Next round she'll attempt to use Inconstant Location (a teleport effect, 60') as an added speed boost while using run fly speed (240') towards ship 10
The hint of a smile touches, the eyes of the ersatz major-domo above the partially lowered opaque veil. But it is the silk-clad other who speaks, "We accept your pledge ... lords. If you have come seeking danger and glory, you will not have to wait long." She addresses the crowd as a whole, her voice not quite cracking, "Are there any others here brave enough to test the might of the living dead?"

OOC:

Ok, we have a sort of contradiction here we need to fix up. Yuo can't be at both places at once. If you step off the boat you are on to assist the fallen ones, you won't make it to the island in time for the greeting. I need to know where you decide to be.

moritheil

First Post
Ichiru thanks the High Priestess politely, mentally noting that he now has an appointment before midnight, and wonders if he will be able to find anyone else to tell him the names of the deceased officers.

Putting the question from his mind, the druid turns to join the others in their conversation with the dwarf, but stops as he sees a pixie eyeing the group. Smiling, he attempts to make eye contact with the fey. "Greetings," he calls in Sylvan.

OOC: Though it's likely a lost cause, Ichiru wants the names of a few dead soldiers anyway. He's not going to press the issue if the High Priestess is in such a big hurry, though.

EDIT: That fey is Grift. Unkabear, it shows you as logged in, so I'm pointing this out in case you missed it. :)

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Yashar the WarTroll

Having slept little, eaten less and kept a near constant watch over the course of his entire lifetime, the time on the ship was no change. Yashar had been a quiet and ominous presense on the ship, a statue of monstrous flesh always ready to strike (more out of old habit than apprehension, there was no fear in him, there never was), and the words he had exchanged with his fellow passengers could be counted on the fingers of a man with no hands.
Yashar had seen the ships go down unconcerned, neither frown nor smile had touched his stony features. Though he allowed himself a small sense of satisfaction at the thought of the deaths of those rivals and foreigners that feeling was fleeting. Their loss was a strategical and tactical consideration, nothing else had any importance.
He listened to the arrogant human priestess, as unimpressed by her as by the gnomish captain and his nonsensical attempt to incite him to treachery. They were not officers of the Kingdom (ooc: Yashar is from the same unnamed kingdom as Jemal's character), they were not in his chain of command. And even if they would normally have been Yashar was under direct royal mandate for this mission. They could be disregarded, but should not be provoked, unless they tried to enforce their will upon him. And as for the other chosen heroes, they were much the same. Perhaps some of them were worthy, though most of them were not, and none of them were likely to be Loyal. Time would tell of their usefulness, but for now he would act alone.
Alone he would have difficulties tracking down the beings who would lead him to his target, but the one called Albedo should be no difficulty if he continued acting as openly and agressively as he had in the past. Rising, his wings spreading and casting huge shadows across the field, he turns west for the nation of Thrall.

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
The sudden stop of Tekumo cause Munthrek to lose his blance only slighty and start falling off the dragon's back. Regaining his composure, he began controlling his descent, but promptly decided against it as a pillar of lame shot down at the pair. Diving off the dragon, Munthrek avoids as much of the searing heat and holy energy as possible, though Tekumo was not so lucky, taking the full foce of the blast. (OOC: 48 damage to Tekumo, 24 Damage to Munthrek. Half fire and half holy, all subduel) Quickly recovering, Tekumo catches his companion before he hits the water, and as he regains altitude, notices two more shadowy beings floating in the sky, one identical to Thorn's opponent, another similar, but slightly off, most of the diferrence being defined by a black medallion on the center of it's forehead. The one lacking the medallion waves his hands, and a horrid cloud of gas enshrouds the warriors. (OOC: Fort saves please, and then it's your turn).

Remove ads