No more Blue 'Elf'

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Actually if they're gonna bring in the hairy doctor McCoy then they have to get rid of Nightcrawler anyway (can't be confusing the mundies with two blue furry freaks in one movie)

you can't really write out wolverine (like Glassjaw said he IS the franchise) but you could drop his screentime (even down to nil as long as he has an impact on the plot - maybe Wolverine disappears and the othersa go to find him!!!!)

Truth Seeker said:
I ranted...I did? *Looks at the statement...checking the rant meter* Uhm...it is just my dismay of the situation.
Yeah, just a bit. ;)

I've always liked Nightcrawler a lot, although the movie Nightcrawler was sadly lacking some of his more likable features -- his romantic, swashbuckling personality, for instance.

But I could see him go. The cast is threatening to spiral out of control already. And if they further focus on Colossus, I can forgive them shuffling some other guys to the background. :D

WayneLigon

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
You're going to replace Wolverine with Cannonball? Umm, I don't think so. That's the death of the franchise right there if you do that. Jackman/Wolverine is the franchise.

For some of us, yes. For some, no. It took Jackson to get me to even marginally like Wolverine at all. Never cared for that character in the least and I wouldn't miss him if he wasn't in the fourth movie. Give all that screen time to Scott.

WayneLigon said:
For some of us, yes. For some, no. It took Jackson to get me to even marginally like Wolverine at all. Never cared for that character in the least and I wouldn't miss him if he wasn't in the fourth movie. Give all that screen time to Scott.
Yes, but you do have to know that that's very much a minority position? I mean, I think he's talking about the death of the franchise from a financial standpoint.

And I completely agree. I've always been kinda lukewarm about Wolvie -- I like him well enough but I don't understand the hysteria some fans have around him. But I certainly recognize that it exists.

KaosDevice

Explorer
I'm not going to miss him too much. Sure he was cool and all, but eh, I can live without him. I tend to be dismissive of information of AICN, they've been waaaaaaay wrong before.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Enough with Cyclops and Storm, Colossus could be cool for the strong fighty guy. Gambit would bring some coolness to them.

Ranger REG

Explorer
sniffles said:
I wouldn't get too worried about it just yet. AICN is not always accurate, and movie plans can change from moment to moment.

Honestly, while I really enjoyed Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler, there are far too many characters and the cast is starting to get a bit top-heavy.
Actually, it is also reported on Dark Horizons news web site: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050620b.php

So's his official website: www.alancumming.com

Personally, I just didn't like Alan Cumming's performance as Nightcrawler. Yet, I'd like the lovable blue mutant with a tail to be in X3, so here's hoping they cast a much better actor.

Remove ads