No Silence for Wizards ???

Caliber

Explorer
The Druid spell Miasma works pretty well for silencing a target on a failed save (try casting while holding your breath.)

Oh, and Wizards get the best Silence spell ever! Khelban's Suspended Silence is a 3rd level Wizard spell from MoF that allows you to enchant a stone to emit an area of Silence whenever you speak a command word.

Enchant several of them a few days beforehand and chuck one at the enemy. Works great!

Xarlen

First Post
Actually, there is a mask scent spell.

I don't know. Blindness/Deafness still lets someone cast spells (Albeit with restrictions, be it not targeting, or spellcasting failure).

Perhaps it's 3rd level? Or, considering how a Bestow Curse would put the PC's spellcasting score at -6, that'd likely knock them out of the spellcaster bar, so I think having it cause a loss of voice is... Doable. :)

That's actually a Cruel combo. Globe of Minor Invulnerability, then throw a Hightened Bestow Curse at a spellcaster, to their spellcasting stat.

mzsylver

Explorer
Xarlen said:
Magic of Faerun.

Makes one either smell like a Trog (with effects), or masks their scent completely.

what is the exact name of it, please?

i dont think ive EVER noticed that spell... *bonks self*

Xarlen

First Post
Weird.

The spell in the Magic of Faerun is Scent, which bestows Scent. But I *know* I've seen a spell which gives someone Trog musk, or no scent.

mzsylver

Explorer
Xarlen said:
Weird.

The spell in the Magic of Faerun is Scent, which bestows Scent. But I *know* I've seen a spell which gives someone Trog musk, or no scent.

*looks in her MoF*

*bangs head again*

now i remember that spell... i mean look at the picture. hahaha. i kept thinking that spell was only for tracking...

Thanee

First Post
Yep, Khelben's Suspended Silence is extremely cool. With Extend Spell you should even be able to increase the low duration of 6 rounds (once triggered).

Nice spell to have as an Arcane Trickster with ranged legerdemain... activate and plant (pick pocket) to the opposing spellcaster from 30' away! :D

Bye
Thanee

smetzger

Explorer
Xarlen said:
Weird.

Well I submitted Mask Scent to the Netbook of spells over a year ago, so if they ever get their act together and actually put out a netBook....

Remove ads