Pathfinder 1E No support for Pathfinder on start page?

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Sunderstone said:
Maybe WotC doesnt want ENworld supporting Pathfinder in any way, shape, or form.
Kind of like the GSL with 3rd party publishers "No backwards compatibility or else".

;) Assuming some of us are thinking along these lines.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, I don't believe that Russ is beholden to WotC's wishes. While he obviously tries to make this a welcoming place for them as possible, I don't think he collects any money from them or otherwise observes their policy decisions; that is unless they directly relate to ENPublishing. I seriously doubt that they are following any sort of "Thou shalt not carry Pathfinder news on your main page" sort of commandment.

Sunderstone

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
Unless I'm completely mistaken, I don't believe that Russ is beholden to WotC's wishes. While he obviously tries to make this a welcoming place for them as possible, I don't think he collects any money from them or otherwise observes their policy decisions; that is unless they directly relate to ENPublishing. I seriously doubt that they are following any sort of "Thou shalt not carry Pathfinder news on your main page" sort of commandment.

I was just being sly, notice the wink in the post.

Zil

Explorer
Dalvyn said:
I do not want to assign hidden motives to people or anything of the kind, but I must admit that I am kind of surprised too that, for example, news about how at-will/encounter/daily powers are colour-coded immediately makes the headlines while the release of Pathfinder Alpha 2 is not even mentioned.
This made me laugh and choke on water. It truly was amazing that the colour coding article made it to the front page, but then again, there wasn't an awful lot of real crunch coming out of Wizards on 4E at the time.

But still, I would have to agree with the others and say that the scoopers should be paying attention to things not 4E.

I noticed that Erik is on this thread. I was over at the Paizo site today and I didn't see anything there about alpha 2 being ready for download on the Paizo pages - maybe I missed it? It wasn't until I checked my email that I realized it was ready. By the way, I really like what I've read from Alpha 2 so far. Will Alpha 3 be out in about 30 days?

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I'd love to see some Non-4th edition stuff on the front page. I used to come to EN World every day to get the latest RPG gaming info. Not being interested in 4th ed. at all, I've been coming less and less. I basically now just hit the Pathfinder...OGL Forum.
Frankly seeing such Front Page news as, Andy Collins has the 4th ed books on his desk and you don't...just leaves me feeling *Meh*. I do see that there is some OGL info posted now. Thanks for posting something other than 4th ed. news.

Gotham Gamemaster

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Please do.

I'm curious if news related to Pathfinder simply isn't being sent in by scoopers or if there is some other reason the game gets almost zero love on the frontpage.

--Erik

Erik, the news item posted today is exactly the verbiage I submitted after seeing your post. Thanks ENWorld (I'll have to increase your standing as "Eh" World!)

I guess the onus is on us Pathfinderites (?) to get those scoops in. I'll be happy to do my part and keep 'em coming.

-Peter

Klaus

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Please do.

I'm curious if news related to Pathfinder simply isn't being sent in by scoopers or if there is some other reason the game gets almost zero love on the frontpage.

--Erik
I don't think there's anything more sinister than a lack of scoop submissions.

Maybe Pathfinder fans thend to gravitate towards paizo.com's messageboards more than EN World.

One way to get more Pathfinder love on EN World would be to have a "PR person" of sorts to submit scoops when the Paizo blog is updated with the bigger tidbits. It can easily be a voluntary fan.

Greylock

First Post
Brutorz Bill said:
I'd love to see some Non-4th edition stuff on the front page. I used to come to EN World every day to get the latest RPG gaming info. Not being interested in 4th ed. at all, I've been coming less and less. I basically now just hit the Pathfinder...OGL Forum.
Frankly seeing such Front Page news as, Andy Collins has the 4th ed books on his desk and you don't...just leaves me feeling *Meh*. I do see that there is some OGL info posted now. Thanks for posting something other than 4th ed. news.

This.

And I still think there's something rotten in requiring ALL Pathfinder and OG license related threads to be immediately shunted into the forum "ghetto's". Although I have learned to make it a habit to visit these forums.

What, would the seven or eight active threads from both sub-forums on any given day trash up General so bad?

Last edited:

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Greylock said:
This.

And I still think there's something rotten in requiring ALL Pathfinder and OG license related threads to be immediately shunted into the forum "ghetto's". Although I have learned to make it a habit to visit these forums.

What, would the seven or eight active threads from both sub-forums on any given day trash up General so bad?

My experience has been that d20 game threads started in General usually don't get moved her per se, but the number of responses usually drops them off the first page pretty quickly. At least here they have a chance to stay relevant for a little while.

Admiral Caine

First Post
Greylock said:
This.

Greylock has the right of it.

This happens in ways to promote 4th Edition that doesn't even have anything to do with Pathfinder.

For example, if there was a GSL thread that was somewhat critical of WOTC, it was immediately shunted off to OGF-L straight away.

I have seen posters ask about that policy of exiling threads and seen Piratecat, specifically, defend it as a consistant and routine policy.

If there was a thread that was largely positive about the GSL, it was allowed to stay in the general area, to this very hour. The impression left is that because it's a happy thread it must be suitable for the main forum.

Here... let's have at least one specific example:

This thread has to be redirected: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=221163

But these don't: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224083
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224730
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224637
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224625

Hmmm... Okay, I'm going to retract what I said earlier. Some threads that were not so positive didn't get moved. It still looks like inconsistant moderation.

I guess my overall point is that it's fine to have rules about what threads go where, but they need to be consistantly followed. The appearance of fairness is as is important as fairness itself.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Considering all the 3.x and d20 bashing here these days, I really wish there was a 3.x/d20 site for me to move on to. I really don't feel welcome here, because I don't hate 3.x

Remove ads