Pathfinder 1E No support for Pathfinder on start page?

Darrin Drader

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
Considering all the 3.x and d20 bashing here these days, I really wish there was a 3.x/d20 site for me to move on to. I really don't feel welcome here, because I don't hate 3.x

As someone who is happy for both systems to exist simultaneously, I don't completely disagree with you. As mentioned earlier, the Paizo boards are pretty friendly to d20 supporters. The True20 boards are as well, though it is kind of assumed that you actually play True20 if you hang out there.

carmachu

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
Considering all the 3.x and d20 bashing here these days, I really wish there was a 3.x/d20 site for me to move on to. I really don't feel welcome here, because I don't hate 3.x

I dont think your wrong either.

I've noticed enworld has gotten the shill for 4e type rep elsewhere on various other boards lately.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Klaus said:
One way to get more Pathfinder love on EN World would be to have a "PR person" of sorts to submit scoops when the Paizo blog is updated with the bigger tidbits. It can easily be a voluntary fan.

Why so that the hardcore 4E proponents can come in and bash Paizo rep for trying to fix an impossibly broken game?

I keep coming here because despite the over abundance of inflexible jerks (both on the 3E AND 4E siides) it was up until a few months ago a a good place to come for gaming news.

Now not so much. Now I come here mostly as a reflex and also because even though I'm not planning on moving to 4th. I still want to remain informed and to be honest ENworld is a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better source for 4E information than WOTC is.

and that's kinda sad.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
When you go to a movie, you'll see films that people generally want to see. Poor movies or independent films that cater to a small slice of the population are in and out of theaters in no time.

When you pick a book off the shelf at a Barnes & Noble, you'll generally be picking a book people want to read - because people have been reading it (i.e., they've been spending money purchasing it). If a book is collecting dust, it'll be kicked back to stockpile oblivion.

When you flip on the tube at night, you're gonna see shows people want to see. You're gonna watch news that people want to hear.

And, gentle readers, the same holds true to EN World.

When you go to the front page, you'll see news on gaming topics that interest a decent portion of the folks that come here. (Excepting perhaps their coverage for the Burning Sky AP, but that's explicable.)

If you want more PRPG news, then continue to help the development process in the hopes of making it a good game that - most importantly - collects an audience. Then you'll read about it more.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying that's just the way it is in any informational medium.

Wis

BryonD

Hero
Wisdom Penalty said:
When you go to a movie, you'll see films that people generally want to see. Poor movies or independent films that cater to a small slice of the population are in and out of theaters in no time.

When you pick a book off the shelf at a Barnes & Noble, you'll generally be picking a book people want to read - because people have been reading it (i.e., they've been spending money purchasing it). If a book is collecting dust, it'll be kicked back to stockpile oblivion.

When you flip on the tube at night, you're gonna see shows people want to see. You're gonna watch news that people want to hear.

And, gentle readers, the same holds true to EN World.

When you go to the front page, you'll see news on gaming topics that interest a decent portion of the folks that come here. (Excepting perhaps their coverage for the Burning Sky AP, but that's explicable.)

If you want more PRPG news, then continue to help the development process in the hopes of making it a good game that - most importantly - collects an audience. Then you'll read about it more.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying that's just the way it is in any informational medium.

Wis
Good points.
You make me feel a lot better when you point out just how quickly 4E will burn out.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
BryonD said:
You make me feel a lot better when you point out just how quickly 4E will burn out.

Thanks for the props - normally you never agree with me.

And beyond the satisfaction I get of making you feel better, I agree with what I think you're suggesting: If no one likes 4E, then 4E won't get news space and will be relegated to its own ghetto sub-forum. Seems only fair.

I hope that doesn't happen, obviously, as I think EN World will suffer a number of slings and arrows if such occurs, and that could prove detrimental to a web site that has been, for near a decade, one of the best spots on the 'net for worthy news.

Wis

BryonD

Hero
Wisdom Penalty said:
Thanks for the props - normally you never agree with me.

And beyond the satisfaction I get of making you feel better, I agree with what I think you're suggesting: If no one likes 4E, then 4E won't get news space and will be relegated to its own ghetto sub-forum. Seems only fair.

I hope that doesn't happen, obviously, as I think EN World will suffer a number of slings and arrows if such occurs, and that could prove detrimental to a web site that has been, for near a decade, one of the best spots on the 'net for worthy news.

Wis
ENWorld will be here for 5th edition.

Angellis_ater

First Post
I'd go so far to say that I think atleast one person on Wizards is paid to spend 15 minutes a day to submit "news items" to websites such as ENWorld and RPG.net which cater to a large number of users. I'm guessing that Paizo does not have the time or money for that - but I'd suggest that Erik ask around at the Paizo board for a volunteer who can do it on X number of boards. If done consequently until August 2008, he could get a free Beta Book or something like that. It ain't THAT hard to find and reward fans.

Klaus

First Post
ShinHakkaider said:
Why so that the hardcore 4E proponents can come in and bash Paizo rep for trying to fix an impossibly broken game?

I keep coming here because despite the over abundance of inflexible jerks (both on the 3E AND 4E siides) it was up until a few months ago a a good place to come for gaming news.

Now not so much. Now I come here mostly as a reflex and also because even though I'm not planning on moving to 4th. I still want to remain informed and to be honest ENworld is a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better source for 4E information than WOTC is.

and that's kinda sad.
No, man. Just submit the scoops to the News page. If Pathfinder fans want to start threads on those scoops and news, it's up to them.

If 4E hardcore fans start messing up/trolling Pathfinder threads, they'll soon find themselves in a forced vacation from the boards, just like anyone else who doesn't respect different opinions.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
I'm curious if news related to Pathfinder simply isn't being sent in by scoopers or if there is some other reason the game gets almost zero love on the frontpage.

Erik--

Since your eyes are on this thread-- any news yet on an official Pathfinder compatibility logo? Or plans in that direction?

Nothing makes news for Pathfinder like a dozen additional third-party publishers announcing their plans to help support it.

Remove ads