• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No thumbnails/attached pictures.

GentleGiant

Explorer
Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
I can see them just fine, as long as I am logged in. Have you looked at your Account > Edit Options to see if there is something turned off?

GentleGiant

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
I can see them just fine, as long as I am logged in. Have you looked at your Account > Edit Options to see if there is something turned off?

I just checked. Everything seems to be as it should be, "Show Images (including attached images and images in code)" is checked.
I haven't changed anything in there anyway and I have been able to see attached images before.

Hmmm, just checked something out. The image links are displayed when I open the threads in IE, but I usually use Netscape 7.1. And, as I said above, I used to be able to see them in Netscape.
Any suggestions?
Anybody else that uses Netscape and are able to see the attached pictures?

GentleGiant

Explorer
GentleGiant said:
I just checked. Everything seems to be as it should be, "Show Images (including attached images and images in code)" is checked.
I haven't changed anything in there anyway and I have been able to see attached images before.

Hmmm, just checked something out. The image links are displayed when I open the threads in IE, but I usually use Netscape 7.1. And, as I said above, I used to be able to see them in Netscape.
Any suggestions?
Anybody else that uses Netscape and are able to see the attached pictures?[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's weird. Now I can see them again (in Netscape). I DID uncheck and then rechecked the "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" option, so maybe that's what was needed.

GentleGiant

Explorer
Hmmm, the problem seems to have arisen again.
I can see pictures linked to outside sources, but when people have attached a thumbnail, I can't see it (it usually comes up as a small box that says "Attached Thumbnails" and then there's a link to the picture - hosted here on ENWorld).
I've tried checking and unchecking the "Show Images (including attached images and images in code)" box in my Account > Edit Options like I did last time, but to no avail.
However, if I'm not logged in OR if I uncheck the "Show Images" box, then the links are back. Unfortunately, that also means that those thread with pictures hosted outside of ENWorld only shows the picture as a link instead of loading the picture itself. Check out the threads I mentioned in my first post about this, they're still valid as examples.
I can see that Kai Lord had a similar problem (he couldn't see his own attached pictures - [url]http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=93473[/url] ) - I have ZoneAlarm Pro too and tried what he did... no luck.

Dag naggit, this is annoying (and I'm not even going to mention the subscribed threads that keeps disappearing, then reappear again when I go to My Account - also, I haven't received any mails when replies have been posted to these subscribed threads...)

Last edited:

Remove ads