• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Noble Core Class

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, the playtesting I've done with it so far seems good, and I stoped getting feedback beyond "This looks good" or "This sucks".

they do have a few buildable special abilities, some you have to take again to improve, others just improve on their own.

This is not a dismissal of your suggestions btw, I will look into them more. I need to reread and reformat the class at some point, probably tomorow night.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, I'm remembering that I reduced the availability of the feats to every 4th level, I took away a few skills too I think. Can't find an archive of page 2 :(

Appraise (Int) - Makes Sense
Bluff (Cha) - Makes Sense
Diplomacy (Cha) - Makes Sense
Forgery (Int) - Potentialy Questionable
Gather Information (Cha) - Makes Sense
Handle Animal (Cha) - I think I removed this, most Nobles had animals cared for, though some trained hawks and other creatures.
Intimidate (Cha) - Makes Sense
Knowledge (all skills taken individually) (Int) - Makes Sense
Perform (Cha)
Ride (Dex) - Makes Sense
Sense Motive (Wis) - Makes Sense
Speak Language - Makes Sense
Swim (Str) - Potentialy questionable, but barely.
Survival (Wis) - Makes Sense (Outdoorsmanship was a sport and pride amonst nobles)

So, that leave me having taken away Handle Animal, that sound right?

Bront

The man with the probe
Going to bump this up a bit.

I need to make an addition to the inspire abilities because they don't have a limit on use per day (probably a once per charisma bonus per day) and clairify one or two things.

Any other comments or suggestions? A full rewrite should be coming soon.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Going to bump this up a bit.

I need to make an addition to the inspire abilities because they don't have a limit on use per day (probably a once per charisma bonus per day) and clairify one or two things.

Any other comments or suggestions? A full rewrite should be coming soon.
3 + Cha bonus is usually a good number. Don't want the poor 10 Cha nobles to have no uses :(

Xath

Moder-gator
The class is looking good, but I had a question. There are quite a few noble-type classes out there from Wheel of Time, Star Wars, Dragonlance. Even the Marshall form the Miniature's Handbook has good military leader abilities.

What specifically were you looking for in a noble class that wasn't in the above?

Just curious, not critical.

anton1066 said:
The list of speacial abilities is the only thing I would change. I would take out swift tracker because it makes little sinse and they dont have wilderness lore as a class ability.
Prince Humperdinck said:
She is alive, or was an hour ago. If she is otherwise when I find her I shall be very put out.
If Humperdinck could do it (and he could, give him that!), you should, too.

Xath

Moder-gator
comrade raoul said:

You forget that Humperdinck already knew where Buttercup was going. He hired Vicinni to have her killed on the plains of Guilder to start a war. Even if he didn't, that doesn't mean that every noble in existance is a good tracker. It just means that he chose to focus on tracking. It's one of the only things he's good at. (He's obviously not a fighter or a diplomat)

But nobles who want to be like Humperdinck can opt to choose tracking as an optional special a ability!

In any case, though, you're absolutely right about Humperdinck's knowledge about Buttercup's path, though I'd still give him decent tracking abilities. You could use this noble class to usefully stat him as a NE noble with lowish ability scores and few combat feats or ranks in Diplomacy, though with respectable Intelligence and comparable abilities. (And, in Count Rugen, a really great cohort for his level, I'd think.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Xath said:
The class is looking good, but I had a question. There are quite a few noble-type classes out there from Wheel of Time, Star Wars, Dragonlance. Even the Marshall form the Miniature's Handbook has good military leader abilities.

What specifically were you looking for in a noble class that wasn't in the above?

Just curious, not critical.
I wanted a class flexable enough to be a social or military leader with one class. Basicly, a PC version of the Aristocrat. There are lots of classes out there that sorta do it, and some are still 3.0.

I also don't have the Dragonlance book, nor do any of my other players.

Bront

The man with the probe
comrade raoul said:
Wildernes Lore is 3.0. This is a 3.5 class. Survival is a class skill, and Tracking can be picked up as a bonus feat.

Remove ads