• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nominations are up!!

Pramas

Explorer
Fiery James said:
Hey Kunimatyu, I see your post has been edited. I'm sure your original post read more like:

"Oh, I see the IH Battlebox was nominated? Well, despite my dislike for Iron Heroes, or my dislike for the Battlebox itself, or my general dislike for Canadians, it's still nice to see small companies like Fiery Dragon, who are dedicated to trying to make tabletop roleplaying more fun rather than more complicated and who have received a nomination in every ENnies list thus far, have done it again. However, despite the run-on sentence, I'll throw my support behind Steel Sqwire, the guys who bend coat-hangers into cool shapes, and also are focused on making my tabletop roleplaying experience quicker, easier, and more enjoyable!"

Score one for Canada. :)

Up for some post Ennies drinking again this year, James?

Psion

Adventurer
I'm going to go ahead and post the errors we found; don't take this as final until you see it on the web page or are contacted by Dextra:

• The "Best d20 Product" heading should read "Best D20/OGL Product"
  • Best Cartography: Honorable Mention should be "Knights of the Grail: A Guide to Bretonnia (Black Industries)"
  • Best Free Product: The final result for honrable mention was "Temple Quarter: Ceremonies and Rituals (The Game Mechanics)"
  • Best d20/OGL Product - the Etherscope entry should have been "Etherscope" itself, not the "Lemurian Candidate" adventure.

Last edited:

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Teflon Billy said:
How can you hate the Iron Heroes Battlebox? Not only is it up to ususal Battlebox standards, but it comes with a Cast Iron D20!

My God man! :eek:

The IH battlebox is one of the only items I have any familiarity with on the list of nominees. I think it's pretty durned cool, especially because of that heavy d20.

Maybe someday I'll get to use it. :lol:

Steel_Wind

Legend
Honestly - I'm really wondering about the lack of software nominees of any kind too.

I don't care which ones make it - the fact that there aren't any nominated at all (but we see lots of .pdfs and small print run books nominated) seems very odd to me - and well - unjust.

(Put bluntly, software like Fantasy Grounds easily should have been a nominee for Best Product - but *whatever*.)

It seems even more odd given that commercial software accessories like Dundjinni and CC Pro have sales levels & dollars involved that exceed probably 90% of all of the products on the ENnie nomination list. Which isn't to say that these two products were eligible for this year's awards - simply that commerical software accessories are important products to RPGs.

My main point is not who specifically got nominated or didn't: my point is that an entire category of RPG accessories got ignored. I would humbly suggest the ENnies committee create a separate software category on its own next year (with eligibility for Best Product) to address this perceived failure.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
My main point is not who specifically got nominated or didn't: my point is that an entire category of RPG accessories got ignored. I would humbly suggest the ENnies committee create a separate software category on its own next year (with eligibility for Best Product) to address this perceived failure.

Thank you.

We don't get a lot of computer software entered to have its own category. We can only judge what we see.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Perhaps so - am I'm not faulting you for that.

At the same time, the way ENworld is set up- discussions of RPG software accessories immediately get banished to the Computer software forum - a relative ghetto - while discussions about OOP products and .pdfs with less than $1,000.00 in sales get mainstream forum attention.

It's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you deliberately solicited software accessories with the stated intention of creating a category of awards for it should the submissions merit it - my guess is that you would get a lot more of those kinds of submissions.

Crothian

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
Perhaps so - am I'm not faulting you for that.

At the same time, the way ENworld is set up- discussions of RPG software accessories immeidately get banished to the Computer software forum - a relative ghetto - while discussions about OOP products and pdfs with less than $1,000.00 in sales get mainstream forum attention.

I understand. I don't like that d20 star wars and the other OGL games have there own out of the way forum while non d20 games get the main forum. Some of the ways the forums are divided up is a bit odd.

If you deliberately solicited software accessories with the stated intention of creating a category of awards for it should the submissions merit it - my guess is that you would get a lot more of those kinds of submissions.

I'll make sure the heads of the ENnies see this for next year; it is a good idea. All we can do is hope to improve each year. Thanks.

Remove ads