Non-Iconics Adventure. Dungeon of the Fire Opal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murhid

First Post
Murhid intended to pay for the room (sorry my fault for not being clearer), he will also give the barman a gold piece on top of whatever the price for the room is.

Then he shall depart to his room for the night.

Last edited:

HeavyG

First Post
Murhid said:
Murhid intended to pay for the room (sorry my fault for not being clearer), he will also give the barman a gold piece on top of whatever the price for the room is.

Then he shall depart to his room for the night.

lol !

Not "free" as in "no cost"

"free" as in "unoccupied".

All the rooms are taken by the party. That's what I meant. You were pretty clear.

Last edited:

HeavyG

First Post
(Okay, Ubaar and Ivellios can go to the church. I think Ivellios did enter the church just before the party went to the inn and we switched boards. I'd like to reuse the same description of the church (for continuity), but the old boards still aren't accessible. CRG, could you post the description from last time if you have it ? Also, if anybody else intends to go visit the church, now would be the time.)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Heavy G:
After about 15 minutes of quickly walking under the pounding rain, the group arrives in town, passing behind the Church of Chauntea and arriving at the town square.

The town square itself is bare except for a large well in its center. Around the square are a smithy, the church of Chauntea, what looks like a general store and of course your inn. A dog is crossing the square.

Ivellios:
"I'll be going to visit that church now. I think I'm still bleeding..."

The elf heads off towards the church of Chauntea.

Heavy G:
The church is a large building compared to the others in this small town. It is made of stone and is decorated simply.

There is a pair of large wooden double doors carved with scenes of nature tamed by man.

Inside, two rows of large pews lead up to a large wooden altar on a raised platform. Large statues of a woman, healthy-looking and bearing a child in one hand and a bouquet of wheat stalks in the other, flank the altar.

The atmosphere of the place is serene and dignified.

An old man is busy behind the altar, reading a large book, and a young man is sweeping the floor near the entrance.

When Ivellios enters, the young man lazily looks at him, then jumps back when he sees the bloody elf. He steps back a bit and asks, "W..w...wh..who are you ?"

He holds his broom defensively in front of him.

HeavyG

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
Heavy G:
The church is a large building compared to the others in this small town. It is made of stone and is decorated simply.
etc...

Thanks.

Same thing, except for the addition of Ubaar.

When the companions enter, the young man lazily looks at them, then jumps back when he sees the bloody elf. He steps back a bit and asks, "W..w...wh..who are you ?"

He holds his broom defensively in front of him.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar waits for a bit, as the inebbriated elf's senses fail him in this introduction.

Ubaar catches the boy's attention and says, "This rampaging example of the elven race is called Ivellios!
My name is Ubaar, and we come seeking healing from your generous god Chauntea.

Is there a priest here that we may meet with to talk to?
We got hurt during our battles today against the evil people in tha Dungeon, some of which I can't heal."

reapersaurus

Explorer
CRGreathouse said:
5 gp on Ubaar. :D
OOC: ROFL!
Hey!
I was TRYING to have Ubaar be like a bud with Ivellios - don't tell me that TOO is an insult to Ivellios? sheesh - makes me feel like if Ubaar even mentions ivellios' Name, it could be construed as an insult. :(
*laughing*

Ubaar looks around, impatiently in the massive (for this town) church.
He bellows out: "Hey- Chauntean healer!
Come out, come out, wherever you arrrrrrrre!
Miss-tress Hardwalk (sp?) said you were good with healing?"

Ubaar doesn't really respect the traditional institutional church environment, believing you don't have to be in a certain location for a TRUE diety to hear from a TRUE follower.
Robes and ceremony are for pompous windbags, more intent on looks of piousness than actual deeds of faith.

He probably would know shouting out in a "house of god" isn't good manners, due to his religious knowledge, but doesn't bother to stifle himself 'cause of the ale
OOC: and it allows me to roleplay

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"Is there a priest here that we may meet with to talk to?
We got hurt during our battles today against the evil people in tha Dungeon, some of which I can't heal."

He points towards the back of the church.

In that direction, the old man is walking towards the duo, an angry and determined look on his face.

Broomboy takes quite a few steps back.

In a clear, loud voice, the priest says,
"You are standing in a holy place, strangers. You will show proper respect to the Great Mother." His voice gets less loud as he approaches. He quickly looks the two warriors over. "What is your business here ? You are not locals. Nor worshippers of the Faith, I presume."

Now that he gets close, you can see that he is an old balding human, yet still vigorous and healthy-looking. He wears brown robes and a golden symbol depicting a blooming rose on a sunburst wreath of golden grain hangs from his neck.

"By the Earth Mother ! You're both drunk !" His distaste is evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads