Non-Iconics Adventure. Dungeon of the Fire Opal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Kytess restrains herself from hitting the obviously inebriated wood elf. Clenching and unclenching her right fist, she simmers silently.

Walking back to her seat, she retrieves her weaponry from Murhid and the table.

HeavyG

First Post
Doppleganger said:
The elf is stunned by the blow and smiles numbly.

"Now there's my type of girl ! I never noticed how beautiful you look when you're angry Kytess!"

He fumbles for another gulp of ale while rubbing his sore jaw, wondering what that loud raucous pounding sound he keeps hearing in his head is.

When the elf doesn't react violently to Kytess' blow, and they see that there won't be a fight, the crowd continue where they left off. Animated conversations start again and so does the music. All as if nothing happened.

The serving girl arrives, bearing your last orders. You manage to pay her with some small change you had lying around. You see it's the same girl as yesterday night.

"So, you find what you were looking for ? Y'all look as if you have quite a story to tell."

reapersaurus

First Post
HeavyG said:
"So, you find what you were looking for ? Y'all look as if you have quite a story to tell."
Ubaar's eyes light up at the human waitress' words.

"ooooh - it's pretty-smelling girl!
Tessa, was it?

Is there any of that nummy beef stew left today, boo-T-full?"

Ubaar sniffs to see if he can guess what's back in the kitchen.

"We sure 'nuff have tales, but Ubaar's not too good at tellin tales.
All Ubaar knows is we kicked some butt down in that smelly Dungeon and got back da mirror that was stolen from da temple.

Ubaar guesses we better than dat group of adventururrs that went down there a year ago, huh?"

Ubaar accompanies his 'story' with some accented pounding on the table for emphasis.

Last edited:

Taz

First Post
Taz smiles. “Quite a tale, indeed.”

“We went down into this dungeon to retrieve Mistress Hardwalk's precious artifacts and find out more about it's denizens... It is a dark and depressing place... The torchlight we brought was almost unable to pierce through the gloom... And the eerie silence lying mysteriously about this place...”

Taz suddenly gets somewhat excited gesturing wildly with her arms while going on. “You won't believe what kind of horrible creatures were lurking in the dark. Invisible weird living funghi, winged demons from the nine hells themselves and even a huge firebreathing dragon!”

Taz look becomes a little frightening - if that's possible with her inborn cuteness - and her eyes are widely open, while she tells about the horrors. She then begins to smile and her usual friendly look returns within an eyeblink.

Taz nods ensuringly. “Yes, a real dragon!”

“But they were all no match to my formidable companions and me!”

“We retrieved the stolen artifacts and tomorrow we will return there to make sure your town is not in danger from the demonic creatures anymore!”

"Ya a real dragon, a gigantic dragon! He mustof been 50 ft. tall! Not to mention his thousands and hundreds of lizard-like minions! And then..."

Sollir notices all the people looking at him, especially his companions.

"What, you don't want to hear my version of the story?"

reapersaurus

First Post
Ubaar listens to some of the music and singing in the inn (what are the other townspeople doing?) and asks the group, through his feeling-good buzz:
"So what were those little flying things?
Why wouldn't they die like normal monsters?

How can we kill 'em when we go back?"

Ubaar flexes his muscle, and stretches his limbs - "And anyone know where that healer Miss-tress told Ubaar about is?"

HeavyG

First Post
The nearby crowd is pretty impressed by the party's account.

One man says, "Wow. A dragon ! So that's what burned my barn down."

The news spreads around the room like brushfire. Soon, many free beers are delivered to the party's tables, and many people want to shake the heroes' hands.

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"ooooh - it's pretty-smelling girl!
Tessa, was it?

Is there any of that nummy beef stew left today, boo-T-full?"

Ubaar sniffs to see if he can guess what's back in the kitchen.

From the smells emanating from the kitchen, there definitely is more of that beef stew coming up. There's also aromas of fresh baked bread and apple pie in the air.

Doppleganger

First Post
The elf is confused by all of the suddenly outstretched hands crowded around the table. He spots the fresh tankards of ale and shrugs his shoulders, grabbing one and downing it.

Through the buzzing of words he overhears the word 'dragon' repeated several times.

The elf puts one hand on the hilt of his sword, "<Hic!> There's another dragon? Where? <Hic!>"

Seeing none, he responds to Ubaar, "We'll need a big fly-swatter for those hovering little <Hic!> devils. You're a holy man of sorts, can't your God grant you some kind of big explosion magic to bombard them with?"

"Healer? There's a big <Hic!> church in town. I can <Hic!> show you where it is. I think the greedy <Hic!> priests charge money for healing though."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads