• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Nonstandard Races You Love And Want Back

I'm also in favor of getting rid of 'Half' races.

Half-Orcs? Give me real Orcs!
Half-Elves? Stop sleeping with elves, you pervert!
Half-lings? HOBBITS! ARGLEBARGLE!

So that's Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Orcs, and okay. Dragonborn can play.

Those damn gnomes can go to hell.

Brandegoris

First Post

But what about..My Half-Gnome?
he didn't choose his parents! Its not his fault :(

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

My mind is still boggled by the fact that anyone would ever choose <shudder>hobbits<shudder> over gnomes. 

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. People are handing me a steak and telling me to drink my water. The sky is below and dirt above. it makes no sense!

Seriously, though, hobbits!? I'd rather have bullywugs. Or bladelings! Even FR halflings are just barely a tiny sliver more interesting, and they bore me to frustration. 

IMO, kill all the halflings and hobbits except those from Eberron, Krynn, and Athas, and let gnomes be the standard short guy race. 

My mind is still boggled by the fact that anyone would ever choose <shudder>hobbits<shudder> over gnomes.
If there are going to be gnomes, they better be THESE gnomes!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5f4c60ff904fee8461a6173a9af3fe73.jpg
    5f4c60ff904fee8461a6173a9af3fe73.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 252

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
Decades ago, I invented a fantastic ancient world filled with dinosaurs with just the intelligent reptilians, no human and other similar species.
They were replaced by reptilians equivalent. As the biped gecko was the smallest species, the bipedal alligator was the largest species.
The main reptilian people had a similar culture to the Mayas and Incas.
But my players did not like their characters. We played only twice in this world of dinosaurs. Someone told me that it was too far from the worlds offered in the trade for players to recognize themselves or feel comfortable playing in my world.

So since I do not propose, so much better if the player wants to play something other than a standard breed.

Someone has made a compilation of these various non-standard breeds from all the D & D editions.

But what about..My Half-Gnome?
he didn't choose his parents! Its not his fault :(

What is the other half?

Which (semiseriously) is the problem with half races. Since half human, half-X seems to be the assumption, I keep thinking that it would make more sense for the half races to be human subraces (maybe with a less restrictive name like "-blooded" ["multi-blooded" could be the default human]). It also might lead to more interesting traits and feats for poor humans, who tend to get the dull ones.

Remove ads