Not the bees!

Axe11154

Explorer
Bees in our everyday life can be a rare sight, as they prefer to do their work unseen. While for the most part they are creatures of little burden, an adventurer who think's their honey an easy snack may find them selves at the end of a stinger.

Bee.png
SwarmofBees.png
queenbee.png

If you wondering why I went to all this trouble to make these.... My players are repairing a ship and the ship is going to have a hive of dormant bees underneath one of the floor boards. :3

Attachments

• Bee.png
    Bee.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

like what? give me an example. Cause the stats are based off of the only official honey bee stats we have.
1. 18 hit points for the Queen Bee more than your average riding horse?
2. A 5e spider does 1 point of damage + 1d4 poison on a failed save (DC 9). The Bee Drone is doing 3.
3. I think the dexterity of the bees is too high when you compare them to the stats of other published critters.

Those were the most glaring standouts for me. There may be more, but I'm no expert on monster design.

Last edited:

Axe11154

Explorer
1. 18 hit points for the Queen Bee more than your average riding horse?
2. A 5e spider does 1 point of damage + 1d4 poison on a failed save (DC 9). The Bee Drone is doing 3.
3. I think the dexterity of the bees is too high when you compare them to the stats of other published critters.

Those were the most glaring standouts for me. There may be more, but I'm no expert on monster design.
both 2 and three are just to match the only bee stats we have. Also i wouldn't compare it to a spider since a spider cant fly in 360 degrees like a bee can. The Bat has a dex of 15, and considering the bee in our own world is actually a pretty amazing flyer (since it literally defies physics.) I think 16 fits it pretty good.

The spider as a CON of 8 (-1) which requires a poison save DC 9 for its victims. This is likely due to its size hence the CON modifier affecting the save DC. I would imagine the Bee Drone would have a similar CON, thus reducing the save DC to 9.

Axe11154

Explorer
The spider as a CON of 8 (-1) which requires a poison save DC 9 for its victims. This is likely due to its size hence the CON modifier affecting the save DC. I would imagine the Bee Drone would have a similar CON, thus reducing the save DC to 9.
your mixing up the stats of the drone and swarm, the drone already has a 8 on its con, the swarm has a 10 because most swarms get increased con.

Remove ads