Not the bees!

Axe11154

Explorer
Fair, but then how is the save DC 10 worked out? With the spider it is based on CON (likely due to its size).
Oh my bad, I miss read, I thought you were just saying that stat needed Tobe changed. But I was running off the idea the effect was just allergy based. But your right it should run off con. I'll fix that when I get home.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
What does Fatal Sting "loses 1 hit point" mean? "Takes 1 damage" or "Maximum HP is reduced by 1"? Until when? Permanently? Is it accumulative? Is everyone allergic to bee stings?

I've been stung by bees lots of times. It's painful, but otherwise no big deal.

Axe11154

Explorer
What does Fatal Sting "loses 1 hit point" mean? "Takes 1 damage" or "Maximum HP is reduced by 1"? Until when? Permanently? Is it accumulative? Is everyone allergic to bee stings?

I've been stung by bees lots of times. It's painful, but otherwise no big deal.
No, the bee looses the hit point that's why the ability doesn't specify the target creature loses a hit point, it just says "when the bee hits with its attack, it loses a hit point"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
No, the bee looses the hit point that's why the ability doesn't specify the target creature loses a hit point, it just says "when the bee hits with its attack, it loses a hit point"

OH, of course! Maybe I was a little slow there. I get it - it's stinger comes off, poor thing.

Cleon

Legend
Okay, let's see.

Starting with the Bee, why a Drone?

Wouldn't a Worker Bee as the standard Bee make more sense rather than a male. A Honey Bee Drone pretty much lazes around doing nothing until the mating flight and then dies.

The numbers in the first section look fine.

However, for Fatal Sting, wouldn't it be simpler just to have the bee die if it stings something whose skin is tough enough to tear out its sting? Or, if you want to be accurate have it die in [dice roll] rounds if its fatal sting activates, during which it cannot sting again.

As for the sting itself. That 3 piercing damage just isn't credible. I've been stung by bees and it didn't hurt like being stabbed by a dagger (which does 1d4 piercing damage so is roughly 3 piercing).

Even a tiny Poisonous Snake only does 1 piercing with fangs which are likely bigger than an entire bee.

Also, it's a venomous sting so shouldn't there be some poison damage in there? Maybe it does a point of poison damage instead of piercing damage? Or it does a bit of poison damage on a failed save?

Cleon

Legend
Haven't got time to go further today, but the Bee Swarm is obviously missing some swarm traits present in the standard Swarm of Insects.

It should be a "Medium swarm of Tiny beasts, unaligned" with Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, slashing together with Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, prone, restrained, stunned.

Axe11154

Explorer
Haven't got time to go further today, but the Bee Swarm is obviously missing some swarm traits present in the standard Swarm of Insects.

It should be a "Medium swarm of Tiny beasts, unaligned" with Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, slashing together with Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, prone, restrained, stunned.
So some of the stuff you referred too was already fixed I just hadn't posted it yet, thats my bad, however I did go back and fix the resistances for the swarm.

Cleon

Legend
So some of the stuff you referred too was already fixed I just hadn't posted it yet, thats my bad, however I did go back and fix the resistances for the swarm.

I can see the Condition Immunities but it's still missing the Damage Resistances.

Bees can be stunned or is it only confused?

Remove ads