Not the bees!

Axe11154

Explorer
You can stun an individual bee, but not a swarm of them (or anything else).

Knocking out one creature in a swarm doesn't the entire swarm.
ok, resistances added.

Oh to explain the high damage the reason why is because as I stated to others in the post im using the stat block of the bee from wilds beyound book as a reference. And I know shes a named character described as a queen but nothing about her stat block feels like a queen bee so I made it the normal bee and went from there.

The reason why im doing exhaustion and not poison is because is actually because of a friend of mines suggestion, that when ever their allergy is effected they feel lethargic as they begin to have other problems.

the reason I didn't do tiny beast swarm was because I honestly didn't know the program could do it, Its a button for sizes so I never thought that I could just type in it.

lastly the reason why the fatal sting does 1 hitpoint and doesn't out right kill them is because the queen can buff them to have 1 additional hitpoint. Which makes them a bit harder.

Cleon

Legend
ok, resistances added.

Oh to explain the high damage the reason why is because as I stated to others in the post im using the stat block of the bee from wilds beyound book as a reference. And I know shes a named character described as a queen but nothing about her stat block feels like a queen bee so I made it the normal bee and went from there.

The reason why im doing exhaustion and not poison is because is actually because of a friend of mines suggestion, that when ever their allergy is effected they feel lethargic as they begin to have other problems.

the reason I didn't do tiny beast swarm was because I honestly didn't know the program could do it, Its a button for sizes so I never thought that I could just type in it.

lastly the reason why the fatal sting does 1 hitpoint and doesn't out right kill them is because the queen can buff them to have 1 additional hitpoint. Which makes them a bit harder.

Well I don't have Wilds Beyond, but from the sound of it the insect in question is a unique NPC that could easily be way more powerful than a normal bee.

Also, when a honey bee takes damage from a "Fatal Sting" it literally tears its sting, poison sacs and some of its guts out of its abdomen (assuming it works like in real life). It won't have a sting to attack with even if it is buffed with another hit point.

Axe11154

Explorer
Well I don't have Wilds Beyond, but from the sound of it the insect in question is a unique NPC that could easily be way more powerful than a normal bee.

Also, when a honey bee takes damage from a "Fatal Sting" it literally tears its sting, poison sacs and some of its guts out of its abdomen (assuming it works like in real life). It won't have a sting to attack with even if it is buffed with another hit point.
edited

Cleon

Legend

That looks a lot better.

Shouldn't the swarm do poison damage though? Deaths from bee sting are generally caused by their venom not by being jabbed by their stings.

An average humanoid Commoner with their mere 4 hit points would be killed by the 2d4+3 piercing damage long before the accumulated exhaustion could threaten their health.

There are a few typos in the entry by the way, I noticed:

Initial description's "an adventurer who think's their honey an easy snack may find them selves at the end of a stinger" should be "an adventurer who thinks their honey an easy snack may find themselves at the end of a stinger".

Bee
Fatal Sting
the "it's hitpoints" should be "its hit points".

Swarm of Bees
The "Tiny beasts beast" in the Type should be "Tiny beasts".
Swarm the "gaurd" should be "guard".
Fatal Sting the "looses 2 hitpoint's" should be "loses 2 hit points".

Queen Bee
I doubt the Armor Class 6, Speed 5 ft., 5 ft. fly or DEX 2 are correct.
Royal Gaurd should be "guard" and "temparary hitpoints" should be "temporary hit points".
Call Reinforcements the "pheramone" should be "pheromone."
 I'd also suggest tidying the wording to "The queen bee lets out a pheromone that lets all bees of her hive know she is in danger. This causes 1 swarm of bees to appear within 30 feet of the queen."

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I came here for the Nicholas Cage meme.

1648392510717.jpeg

Remove ads