Not With a Bang, I: Its Own Reward

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pleased to meetcha. So when do we get moving? I'm itching to put sole to dirt. Says Selene. She's raven haired and green eyed. she wears all bark browns and greens for the most part. her real distinguishing feature is her voice. she has a sexy raspy voice. She seems to be chewing some sort of pink gob in her mouth some times chewing with her mouth open.

(ooc: think gun moll. from the 30s and 40s movies. or the chick from Victor/Victoria)

Manzanita

First Post
Arkan

"Greetings Selene. I hope you'll be satisfied working with us. I'm Arkan Far Traveler."

To Arnis: "Thanks for your advice, Arnis. The irregulars are clearly making some profits in their endevours. The payment will do nicely. Thank you."

Arkan then turns to the goblin cleric, sighs, and says to him in Goblin. "We have wronged your people here and I am sorry. We killed many of your people, more than one of which fell by my blades. I had never before encountered a goblin who did not wish my own death. In the future I will be more cautious. I wish no more death upon your people, but peace. Here," Arkan returns all he took from the slain goblins, the fancy handaxe, 40 gps, 2 potions CLW, 2 alchemist fires, and 50 sp. (OOC: That's what Arkan has looted per my notes. If she has taken more, she returns that as well.) "I hope you can find in your heart to forgive us. Perhaps we will work together again in the future."

Then to the others, "Shall we be off? I would prefer someone else held the real gem. As a scout, I am not the best protector of it."

OOC: The exception to the returned loot is the book Arkan found on the dead goblin in the corridor. She will keep this & read it thoroughly at the first opportunity.

Zerth

First Post
"Looks like we are set to go," Baril says and then turns to Arnis, "It's been mostly a pleasure. I hope we meet again and have an opportunity to talk under less serious circumstances."

To Arkan: "If you think it's better if you don't carry the gem, I can take it."

LazarusLong42

First Post
Manzanita said:
Arkan then turns to the goblin cleric, sighs, and says to him in Goblin. "We have wronged your people here and I am sorry. We killed many of your people, more than one of which fell by my blades. I had never before encountered a goblin who did not wish my own death. In the future I will be more cautious. I wish no more death upon your people, but peace. Here," Arkan returns all he took from the slain goblins...

The goblin cleric looks over Arkan and the group. "Your... generous-ness... and--"

"I speak Goblin, sir," Arkan says.

The cleric switches to Goblin. "Your generosity and honesty are appreciated. I would not have you leave empty-handed. Here, take this wand of cure light wounds.. It still has a dozen or so charges in it, and several of you will be able to use it to help your wounded comrades." He hands Arkan a wand. The business end glows a very pale green; the handle has a carving of the sun. He, of course, also tells you the command word, the goblin word for "heal."

Manzanita

First Post
Arkan

"Ah, thank you, sir." Arkan addresses the goblin shamen. "I'm sure this wand will get good use. Let us part as friends...I didn't catch your name." Arkan holds out her hand to shake.

"Yes, Baril, you should hold the real gem. I'll go ahead & take the fake one unless anyone else wants it." She holds out the fake gem for anyone to take.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Before Arkan realises it's missing from her hand, Selene is flipping it up into the air like a coin. Purty. I'll handle it if ya don't mind. The new gal's gotta ern her keep. she says as she tucks it in her botice.

Last edited:

Remove ads