• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Not With a Bang, II: Life and Undeath Situation

LazarusLong42

First Post
"The money, m'lady, would not be for this service, though certainly payment could be negotiated for this as well; no, this payment is for the service you've already rendered in delivering this gem."

He hands the money bag to Grinder. "You thought I didn't remember you, didn't you, boy? Any apprentice of Bristlebrock is a friend of mine." He looks at Keros. "You too, Keros. Though I'm sure Bristle would be surprised to see you've taken completely different paths."

"Now, says Calemon, taking a large gulp of his whiskey, "here's the plan. We have about thirty Irregulars in town, and while they're not all the best fighters, some of them are clerics from the temple of Litsi, and they're good at destroying the undead. The clerics running the show, though, can't be turned, and as long as they're around, they'll send more waves of undead at us.

"If I send out the rest of the Irregulars to confront the undead head-on, that will hopefully draw them away from their masters. The lot of you, then, will head in to strike at the masters. If you're lucky, you'll find they've depleted their spells creating these undead."

Calemon's eyes narrow. "Whoever they are, we want to capture them alive. What do you say? Are you up for it?"

Calemon continues to hold out the pins, offering them to the rest of you.

Rybaer

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
He hands the money bag to Grinder. "You thought I didn't remember you, didn't you, boy? Any apprentice of Bristlebrock is a friend of mine." He looks at Keros. "You too, Keros. Though I'm sure Bristle would be surprised to see you've taken completely different paths."

Grinder grins beneath his beard.

"It's an honor that you would remember a mere apprentice, master wizard," he says. "In turn, I suppose any associate of master Bristlebrock's is worthy of respect. A pleasure to be working for you."

He hefts the coins with an appreciable glint in his eyes.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Selene takes a pin looking at it and puts it on her cloak. Itz a bit gady. But I like Gady! She stands and loads her crossbow and checks her string. I'm Ready! Letz move.

Sam

First Post
Grunlor

Grunlor takes a pin from Calemon though puts into the inside pocket of his cape. "I'm not ready to say I'm joining you yet, but I am very interested in stopping these undead attacks. Which way is the graveyard where the clerics who are behind this are hiding?"

Manzanita

First Post
Arkan

"Actually, I have another question before we begin. Do you know what sort of undead we will be facing? I hear my blades are less effective against skelletons. Do you have a mace or warhammer I could borrow if you suspect we will be facing such a foe?"

LazarusLong42

First Post
Looking at Arkan, Calemon says, "We know of both zombies and skeletons. We don't know for certain about any further types of undead, though it's possible some of their allies are other undead. Just remember the maxim: smash bones, slash flesh. We have a small armory, and you are welcome to use it, though none of the weapons are particularly well-made. I'm certain Zemala's is open, though, and you could probably find better weapons there."

To Grunlor, he says, "The graveyard is due south of the city. We will attempt to draw as many undead as possible off to the west.

"Our forces will gather at sunset, when they tend to start sending more undead this way. Meet back here shortly before then."

OOC: Zemala's is the local Wal-Mart--a plot device with, believe it or not, an extensive backstory. You'll be able to fins all manner of things there, especially in a large trading city.

It's currently around two-thirty. You have about four hours to shop or talk to others in town if you wish.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Can you give us a rundown about how much cash we've accumulated? Arkan would love to go shopping if she could afford any masterwork stuff.

Remove ads