• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Not With a Bang, II: Life and Undeath Situation

LazarusLong42

First Post
The party having shopped to its heart's content, you congregate again at the Irregulars' headquarters shortly before sunset. Calemon greets you warmly, but rapidly. "Welcome back, though I'm afraid there's little time to talk. It seems our attack may have been pre-empted--crazy clerics and their divination spells. We still expect to be able to draw off the undead, however, and the fact they're sending in more waves than ever means they're probably not keeping many to guard themselves.

"We have a few fighters I kept in reserve to help you, if you feel you need the help. Gentlemen?"

A human, a dwarf and two halflings enter the room. "I suggest you move quickly. Our diversionary tactics will likely only last a couple of hours."

OOC: Decide whether you want their help, obviously. Remember that their not being elsewhere might affect the outcomes of other battles.

It seems that someone's divinations were a bit too good, in fact--as you make your way out toward the entrance, you hear thumping and rapping on the door. Not exactly coordinated thumping, but it's there nonetheless. The undead have come to you.

OOC: I'll post initiatives shortly. :)

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
ooc: I ban't find the rogues gallery thread so here is Selenes equipment.

Masterwork Lt. Crossbow, 20 bolts, Short Sword, Leather Armor, backpack, 10 sunrods, 5 thunder stones, 10 tindertwigs, 4 flasks holy water, MW thieves tools, 2 Scrolls of Detect Poison, 2 Potions CLW, 24gp left

Manzanita

First Post
Arkan

Arkan says to Calemon. "Keep you fighters. Use them to protect the townsfolk. Arkan will ready her warhammer and throwing axe when the undead noises are heard.

LazarusLong42

First Post
OOC: Hrm. Apparently "shortly" is not going to mean "within a day." Ack. Mea culpa!

Argent: There is a viewing slot. However, it's currently closed. Would you like to open it? <evil grin>

Toric: Have you updated Brevin to 2nd level yet?

Everyone else: go ahead and post actions; we'll fit them into the Init order. Also, does anyone want to disagree with Arkan?

Zerth

First Post
Baril

Baril chooses to wait and see who they are up against.

OOC: Delay until he can see the opponents. If they are facing something nastier than skeletons or zombies he will inspire courage with a song. If zombies he readies shortbow and shoots the easiest target. If skeletons he wields a club.

Sam

First Post
Grunlor

Grunlor moves over to the door and stands by the side opposite the hinges. He will wait until the party decides a course of action, but is prepared to attack (with great ferocity [ooc: power attack for full]) whatever undead await on the other side.

LazarusLong42

First Post
OOC: Initiatives:

Baril: 22
Grinder: 21
Selene: 20
Brevin: 20
Arkan: 18
Grunlor: 17
Keros: 12

...and damn if I'm not going to keep this die around for attacks. Whoa.

Rybaer

First Post
Grinder urges Trinket to find a safe perch away from the door. He then grips his quarterstaff and prepares to bash any undead that might come within reach. He will stand far enough back from the door, however, to allow the better melee combatants to have room to act.

Remove ads