Not With a Bang OOC

LazarusLong42

First Post
Manzanita: Yep, I noticed that after I reread Arkan's profile; I must have missed it my first time through. :)

Also, remember that nights are currently around 12 hours long. They'll be about 10 hours long at summer solstice, where you are.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Tanstaafl: Ping! Are you still there?

For the record, for combats or other round-measured situations, I'll be trying to place time limits on things, lest we end up in a situation where we're spending two weeks per combat. So, unless there are strong objections:

If seven people (one less than the full party) have posted actions, I'll recap and referee the round one day after my original post. If six people have posted actions, I'll recap/referee two days after my initial post. I'll play as NPC any player who hasn't posted.

If only five people have posted within two days, likely (1) it's the weekend, and I won't be counting weekends in the above anyway since they seem to be slow for all of us, or (2) we have other problems to deal with. :)

If you're going to be away for more than a few days, please let me know and we'll work around that (I'll probably play your character as NPC during that time)

Zerth

First Post
Maybe we should use four two-person shifts when keeping watch in the more dangerous areas.

1: Brevin, Tuli
2: Nojin, Bellows
3: Grunlor, Arkan
4: Nylarra, Baril

When we don't expect much trouble everyone takes a one hour watch like Manzanita said.

1: Brevin
2: Tuli
3: Grinder
4: Nojin
5: Grunlor
6: Arkan
7: Nylarra
8: Baril

Casar's marching order seems to be fine. Baril is more than happy to stay in the rear. :D
But isn't that just where the enemy strikes first? :eek: I see, everything is already been thought of. Let's throw the useless bard to the monsters so the others can flee... :mad: :D ;) :p

LazarusLong42

First Post
Zerth said:
Maybe we should use four two-person shifts when keeping watch in the more dangerous areas.

1: Brevin, Tuli
2: Nojin, Bellows
3: Grunlor, Arkan
4: Nylarra, Baril

When we don't expect much trouble everyone takes a one hour watch like Manzanita said.

1: Brevin
2: Tuli
3: Grinder
4: Nojin
5: Grunlor
6: Arkan
7: Nylarra
8: Baril
You may want to think about moving Grinder to the first watch or the last watch, or he's never going to have the chance to recharge his spells :)

Zerth

First Post
Ok, another try so, that each spellcaster (Grinder, Brevin, Baril) gets 8 hours sleep. Each shift is 2 hours.

1: Grinder (with Trinket)
2: Nylarra, Tuli
3: Grunlor, Nojin
4: Arkan
5: Baril, Brevin

Sam

First Post
I'm ok with the proposed marching order, watch order and combat resoultion mechanism. (I'm pretty easy-going ;) )

LazarusLong42

First Post
Casar: It's certainly possible I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that when using a double weapon for just one strike, one treats it as a two-handed weapon for strength bonus to damage. I can't find a passage to back this up, though; the wording in all of them is vague. (See, for instance, PHB p.113, first column second paragraph). In the absence, however, of an exception to gaining 1.5x strength bonus when you use a wepon two-handed when using a double weapon, I'm going to assume that the intent of the rules is that you get the bonus as long as you are wielding the weapon as a two-hander (one strike) rather than as a one-hander plus a light weapon (two strikes).

LazarusLong42

First Post
XP Tracking...

Earned so far:

Story XP: 100 each
3 CR 0 enemies = 600/8 = 75 each

Bonuses:

Manzanita/Arkan: 25

(For those interested, I use a slightly different CR/EL system, the "CR 0" above would best be translated as CR 2/3 in the standard system. The wolves were dropped to CR 0 because of their starved status.)

LazarusLong42

First Post
Hey y'all,

Those who can get this anyway. I'm inside the areas of spotty power, and while I can get 'net access certain places, it's going to be spotty. For obvious reasons, we're on hold for a few days. :)

Those of you who are in the outage region and have some means of reading this... stay cool, stay safe, conserve power, all that jazz. See you in a few days.

Eric

LazarusLong42

First Post
'K, y'all... we're lacking in consensus here. :) That's partially because we're missing two people, or so it seems. Tanstaafl hasn't posted since the 6th, so I'm going to treat Nylarra as NPC for now... but not give her a vote in what to do. Of course, Toric, that means Brevin's vote decides whether y'all go now, or wait until morning.

So, basically, this is both (1) letting you know why I'm waiting and (2) pinging Tanstaafl and Toric. Y'all still there??

Remove ads