Not With a Bang OOC

Manzanita

First Post
I need to notify you that I will be on an extended absense from these boards, starting Friday, for 10 days or so. I'll return September 1, ready to rumble.

Lazarus, please play Arkan as an NPC and don't get her killed. : )I'm psyched about this game.

I was wondering if you prefered us to wait for our move in the inititive order before making a post, that way things don't have to be redone if something else happens before we would be able to go. Last fight it was all readyed actions so I didn't get a chance to ask.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Casar: No, I'd rather y'all go ahead and post your actions, and if I hit a point where your action no longer makes sense, I'll give you a chance to change it.

Of course, if, after the first three or so people in the initiative post actions, and I know they'll change everyone else's actions, I'll post the partial round and go ahead from there, immediately asking for changes from the rest.

Basically, that allows me to encapsulate a full round into a single post (most of the time), making the flow of action at least seem coherent. If I realize it's not working, we'll figure things out then, but in general in the PbP games I've been in, unless there's some reason to wait with your action, you go ahead and post it; otherwise everyone's waiting on everyone else (especially with nine people).

All: A quick question. I feel vaguely like I'm railroading you a little bit. Granted... it's a first-level adventure, which means a bit of railroading is the norm, and plotwise that'll be changing after this little retrieval mission <evil grin>. I'm talking less plotwise and more action-wise here. Am I giving you enough chance to select your movements, especially overland stuff?

It boils down to: no one likes to DM overland travel, and I'm still very shaky at hitting the fine line between keeping the action going and allowing y'all to select what you do while travelling.

Answer or not, as is your wont; I'll assume if you're not complaining that you're at least OK with how we've been going so far. :)

Sam

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
All: A quick question. I feel vaguely like I'm railroading you a little bit. Granted... it's a first-level adventure, which means a bit of railroading is the norm, and plotwise that'll be changing after this little retrieval mission <evil grin>. I'm talking less plotwise and more action-wise here. Am I giving you enough chance to select your movements, especially overland stuff?

I think the pacing and progress is moving at a good clip. I don't think you need to be overly concerned about the railroading issue.

Zerth

First Post
I have absolutely no complaints about your DMing, Lazarus. I think you're doing very well. I'm enjoying the game very much and can't wait for the story to develop as we go on.

Sam

First Post
Going to be away until Monday. My wife & I are going to our first con! Woot!:p Have a good Labor Day Weekend everyone!

Manzanita

First Post
Lazarus, Arkan's question was more directed at you. Is there a way to get by the pressure plate in that hallway? Jumping, balancing or whatever? how big is it?

LazarusLong42

First Post
Oh! I was wondering about that, but I wasn't sure and hadn't had the chance to make a reply to it. The pressure plate basically takes up the entire corridor, which is five feet wide, and it appears to be about five feet long as well. You could try to jump over, but (1) that wouldn't be stealthy in the least and (2) you don't exactly have a lot of vertical clearance to work with.

You do, however, have a very capable rogue with a very very high Disable skill, IIRC...

LazarusLong42

First Post
Ping!

Roll call, as it were. I hadn't seen any actions posted recently, and just want to make sure everyone's still with us :) Manzanita, Shalimar, are Arkan and Tuli heading into the room? Everyone else--still here?

LL

Manzanita

First Post
Yes, I miss this game. I'm glad you're still around. Arkan is sneaking into the room, regardless of the rest of the party's actions, sword and axe in hand. She will attempt to silently kill as many as possible, starting w/the big one. If they awake, she will charge in for the attack.

Remove ads