• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Not With a Bang OOC

Sam

First Post
I'll be out of town until Thursday. May have limited net access, but I'm not counting on it. If needed, feel free to NPC me.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Quick note...

Hey all, sorry for my silence lately; I'm still around, but we've been in the process of moving, and my computer's still sitting on the floor... and not liking it very much. More importantly, my dice and character cards for you and the baddies are packed away... somewhere :)

The game shall continue, though. I promise :) I'll try to post in the next couple of days. Just wanted to let you know.

LazarusLong42

First Post
OK, two things.

First, a ping to all--are you, in fact, moving on? I'll assume you follow Nojin if another day goes by without posts.

Second, we've lost two players. Nylarra was never all that well-fleshed-out, so dropping her I've no problem with. Tuli is not only more fleshed-out, but also has relationships with the other party members that I'd rather not sever. And I'd like to keep the party size at eight for GMing reasons.

So, I ask your opinions:

(1) First off, should I go ahead and recruit? I'm sure I can find any number of opportunities to introduce a new character, but I don't want y'all to feel put out by that.

(2) Especially Zerth and Toric--is Tuli highly important to your characters? Will her loss from the party severely affect them? (And, of course, do you as players mind that? :))

(3) If her loss will seriously affect y'all, then would you rather have me run her as an NPC, or try to recruit someone to take over?

LL

Sam

First Post
The more the merrier.... Go ahead and recruit... We're still pretty much in the beginning of this thing, so it's not like they'd be coming late to the party.

Rybaer

First Post
I'm okay with recruiting new players if you want to keep us at 8 players. I don't think we're too far into the story that anyone will have a big problem overlooking a little discontinuity if it comes to that.

Zerth

First Post
The best thing is to recruit new active players. I'm ok with losing Tuli, since it's still early in the game. And I think Tuli's absence will affect Brevin more than Baril.

It's always unfortunate to lose a player in mid-game but in PbP games, it happens fairly frequently. I see Shalimar is still out there running a game of her own. Did she contact you and bail from the game, Lazarus?

At any rate, I'm okay with whatever happens in the game. If something happens to Tuli, Brevin will cope with it.

Toric

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Selene! Watch out boys. theres a new Queen in town

Selene Ravensclaw
Halfling, 2nd-Level Rogue
Small Humanoid (Halfling)
Hit Dice: 2d6+4 (15 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (+1 size, +5 Dex, +3 studded leather), touch 16, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/–2
Attack: Shortsword +0 melee (1d4/19–20) or light crossbow +6 ranged (1d6/19–20)
Full Attack: Shortsword +0 melee (1d4/19–20) or light crossbow +6 ranged (1d6/19–20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Halfling traits, Sneak attack +1d6
Special Qualities: Halfling traits, Trapfinding, Evasion
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +0
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 16
Skills: Climb +1, Hide +14, Listen +1, Move Silently +10, Use Magic Device +12, Knowledge Arcana +6, Spellcraft +7, Disable Device +8, Search +8, Open Locks +10, Appraise +8, Tumble +10.
Feats: Magical Aptitude
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Advancement: As Rogue
Level Adjustment: +0
Halfling Traits (Ex): Halflings possess the following racial traits.
— +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength.
—Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
—A halfling’s base land speed is 20 feet.
— +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks.
— +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
— +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
— +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
— +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.

Languages: Common, Draconic, Gnomish, Elvish and Halfling.

Selene comes from a long line of Halfling adventurers. Her parents were both more away from home then they were ever there for their 5 children.
She was so excited about going on an adventure that to this day she has not told the family she was leaving.

Last edited:

Remove ads