Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
Alright, then. I'm confused. What's Galwynn at?

If he's conscious when it's his turn, he's full lay on hands on himself, save 1 point (so he can stabilize someone who may be dying)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Whoa whoa whoa. Back up everybody. Here's the order of events:

Round 2: Explosion. Galwynn, at full health, saves, takes 2 damage.

Round 3: Keldar goes, another explosion. Galwynn fails his save, takes 6 damage.

Still Round 3: The Fieries go. All 5 of them. One provokes an AoO from Tarag. Another provokes an AoO from both Galwynn and Rapture. Galwynn takes his AoO, that Fiery explodes (and so Rapture doesn't get to AoO that one, since it exploded). This exploded Fiery was the selfsame Fiery that dealt Galwynn 8 damage. Instead of doing that, it exploded, dealing him 3. Then another Fiery dealt Galwynn another 6.

All told, that's 2+6+3+6=17 to Galwynn. (I went ahead and rolled Galwynn's save, he failed, sorry.) So now Galwynn is at 2/19 HP.

Still Round 3: Tarag goes, and subdues every single Fiery, commanding the Tinies (F4-9). He shouts "The little ones are mine - don't attack them! Hit the big one from a distance!"

Now it's Galwynn's turn.

Galwynn lays hands on himself. (5 healing to Galwynn, brings him to 7/17. Lay on Hands: 1 HP left)

Tommy shoots a ray of frost at the last remaining Small Fiery (F2). (2 damage to F2)

Rapture...

Attachments

• Floor-5-Round-3-3.jpg
    Floor-5-Round-3-3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Rae, according to my calculations below, Rapture is on 1 hp before her action in round 2. Surely she'd lay hands on herself then, wouldn't she?

[sblock=Calculations]Round 1:
Keldar throws javelin, misses Fire Guardian.
Fire Guardian moves, hits Rapture for 11 hp damage. Rapture goes from 21/21 to 10/21 hp.
Tarag fails to rebuke Fire Guardian.
Galwynn runs up stairs.
Fire Guardian hits Galwynn (AoO) for 4 hp damage. Galwynn goes from 19/19 to 15/19 hp.
Tommy withdraws down stairs.
Rapture misses Fire Guardian.

Round 2:
Keldar moves into room, fails to distract FG.
Fire Guardian hits Rapture for 7 hp damage. Rapture goes from 10/21 to 3/21 hp.
Tarag fals to rebuke Fire Guardian.
Galwynn hits Fire Guardian. FG explodes. 5/2 hp (DC 14) damage to Galwynn & Rapture.
Galwynn makes his save. Galwynn goes from 15/19 to 13/19 hp.
Rapture makes her save. Rapture goes from 3/21 to 1/21 hp.
F1, F2 & F3 spawn from FG.
Tommy casts Grease.
Rapture ...[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Rapture should now be at:

Code:
 21 (total HP)
-11 (first charge attack)
- [s]8[/s] [color=magenta]7[/color] (second, normal attack)
- 2 (first explosion, save made, 5/2 = 2.5 rounded down)
- 1 (second explosion, save made, 3/2 = 1.5 rounded down)
= [s]-1[/s] [color=magenta]0[/color] HP

So she actually is unconscious and bleeding. She fails her stabilization check, so she bleeds and is now at -2 HP. disabled.

Rapture...

Sloshy emerges through the crack that Keldar made in its prison. It moves onto Keldar, engulfing the dashingly handsome man entirely.

[sblock=Keldar: ]Inside of the being, its voice vibrates against your eardrums in a beautiful, powerful way. Keldar hears Aquan coming from all directions, "I will protect you from their flames. They will not be completely banished until doused with water or ice."[/sblock]

The water being splashes a bit of water onto the tiny, sword-wielding fire elemental nearest to it (F5). The elemental fizzles out of existence, leaving nothing behind.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Boddynock said:
OOC: Rae, according to my calculations below, Rapture is on 1 hp before her action in round 2. Surely she'd lay hands on herself then, wouldn't she?

OOC: You'd think that, wouldn't you? But she didn't, she attacked the Fire elemental instead. So now she's disabled. :\

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I have diagnosed the problem: We are all on this board way too much! :p It all works out if we give the combat round a day to resolve, but since we all get email notices every time the thread gets updated, and we drop whatever we're doing to go have a little fun, it just gets as confusing as the Grey Wastes.

Keldar's Turn.

Boddynock

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: I have diagnosed the problem: We are all on this board way too much! :p It all works out if we give the combat round a day to resolve, but since we all get email notices every time the thread gets updated, and we drop whatever we're doing to go have a little fun, it just gets as confusing as the Grey Wastes.

Keldar's Turn.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remove ads