Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
Too intent on freeing the water elemental, Keldar is unable to avoid the full brunt of the flames. His Aquan introductions are said through gritted teeth.

As he's engulfed by the creature, Keldar laughs the laugh of a madman. "Remember I need to breathe," he bubbles, trying to move his head out.[sblock=OOC for all] :confused: Guh-wah? That'll teach me to go to sleep for a couple of hours. Reflex save 1d20+5=9, full 6 damage. So Keldar's on 7, Galwynn's on 2 7 -4! and Rapture's on 0? F2 is now rebuked, and 4,6,7,8,9 are commanded?[/SIZE][/sblock][sblock=DM]How does movement work for the Keldar-Sloshy superbeing? Keldar wants to shout a few explanations to his companions, skirt the edge of the grease while drawing yet another dagger, and then swing at F2 with the morningstar, 1d20+3, 1d8+2. But it'd be nice if he had his water overcoat when he hits. Unless of course he's suffocating. I'll hold off on this till I see what corrections are made to the course of the fight. Keldar will probably find it more pressing to save Galwynn.[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy frowns as his ray of frost makes contact. "That's odd, I would have thought cold would be more damaging to creatures made of pure heat. Perhaps if I try again..."

[sblock=ooc]I'm referring, of course, to the fire subtype's vulnerability to cold. But please, let's not retcon for something that minor at this point.

If F2 is still standing by his turn, Tommy will cast another ray of frost at it.
[sblock=rolls]1d20+3=7; 1d3=3[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: right, I've been counting.
Galwynn entered this floor at full health, 19 HP.
He took an AoO running up the stairs for 4 (15 HP).
He killed the first elemental and took 2 fire burst damage (13 HP).
Keldar killed F3 and he took another 6 FBD (7 HP).
He killed F1 and took another 3 FBD (4 HP).
Then F4 (not the dead F1!) hit him for 8 (-4 HP), and, according to post #1233, F6 hit him for 6 (-10 HP and dead).

But I can't imagine F6 would strike him once he's at -4. So it has an unused attack - which I assume would be to either move E to hit Keldar (using the same rolls, it would drop Keldar to 1), or NW to strike Rapture (same rolls would drop her to -6).

Given that immediately afterwards the elementals are all rebuked or commanded, it won't matter so much. Tarag can save whoever needs saving, and eventually spend a standard action to give (one of?) his elemental minions an order to attack F2 while we back off.

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
OOC: I must have missed the 11 point hit. Oops.

Rapture uses her remaining lay hands on herself, bringing herself to 1. She takes a 5' step away.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: summary, and then I'll shut up before rocks fall and everybody dies.

Galwynn is at -4, Rapture is at 0, Keldar is at 7. Fire elemental 6 has a previously rolled successful hit for 6 damage, which was originally applied to Galwynn, thus killing him, but which occurred after Galwynn was hit for 8 by F4, and so should more sensibly be applied either to Keldar, dropping him to 1, or to Rapture, sending her to -6, either of whom can be reached by F6 with a 5' step. Immediately after that, Tarag rebukes them all.
If Keldar is the one hit, then Rapture still has her disabled single move or standard action at the end of round 2. Her 3 point lay on hands of Galwynn posted in 1241 hasn't yet occurred - and she is now disabled. If she does take that standard action, she will lose 1 HP and drop dying. If she heals herself for 2 (or more), she'll be up and running again on 0+2-1=1 HP (or up to 3).

Then it's Keldar's turn. And he's standing in the middle of a water elemental blowing bubbles.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: :p But seriously, I think Trouve's got it right. I don't know how I confused F1 and F4, maybe it's because they're only one ASCII character apart. I should give them all names. Samuel, James, Frank, and such.

It is Round 3. F6 attacked Rapture, bringing her to -6. On Tarag's count, he successfully gains control of the scene. Galwynn bleeds, and is at -5. Tommy deals 3*2 damage to F2, finishing it off, sans explosion. Rapture bleeds, and is at -7.

For the sake of moving things along, I'm going to say that this final, no more retconning, no more reviewing the plays, let's just press on. Ever onward! Tarag will heal you all momentarily anyway.

Round 3:

Tarag gains control of the scene, rebuking all the elementals.

Galwynn bleeds a bit.

Tommy finishes off F2. It fizzles into nothingness, without an explosion.

Rapture bleeds a lot. She looks to be in bad shape.

[sblock=Keldar: ]"Oh, right, I didn't think about that. Hold on..."[/sblock]
Sloshy moves forward, off of Keldar, and extinguishes F6.

Round 4:

Keldar...

[sblock=Keldar: ]The movement of the super-being is as normal in combat. Sloshy goes, and you can follow if you so desire, on your count. Since you act right after one another, it's effectively moving with each other. You can also communicate with Sloshy (even when its not your turn) to suggest a direction for him to take.

Not that it really matters anymore.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Tarag: ]You may approach or move through your commanded fire elementals without fear of breaking the command.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Floor-5-Round-4.jpg
    Floor-5-Round-4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 63

Remove ads