Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
A little slow on the uptake, Galwynn says "I'm Gal-" before he's cut off by Keldar. He shakes his head, not really one for glory anyways. Instead, he realizes that there could be more elementals coming any minute.

Drawing his blade, he says in a low voice (is he showing off a bit for Thyrin?) "It's going to be a tough fight, if it happens, but we can make it."

OOC: He'll lay on hands, bringing Galwynn up to, what, 10 HP?

Trouvere

Explorer
"Oh, right," says Keldar. "He's Galwynn, from the village of Boarsglade. You probably heard of its sad fate, as I regret I had not until today. It will be a very tough fight, which if we act quickly, we can avoid."

OOC: -5+8+5 (if you used 1 point on Tarag earlier today, as I think I remember) =8.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Alright, gotcha. If there's a fight, Galwynn is well prepared to be knocked into the negatives again!

Galwynn scowls. "Badgersgrove. Not that you'll remember, rogue."

Galwynn turns towards Thyrin and says softly, "This is your domain. Surely you know of a way to bypass the elementals? Or at least you have some sort of handy elemental-killing spell ready? Maybe you could ask Cassandra for some help?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Oh, don't even worry about that. These upstairs guardians require substantially more energy to summon, so they won't be returning any time soon. So you disabled the other devices? Good thinking, though it'll be a pain to align them all correctly again... I admit, I am somewhat surprised that you managed to defeat my final fiery friend up here, he was quite formidable! How did you do it?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"The battle is mostly a confusing blur for me, but I would say that Tarag saved the day... eventually, and bought time for Keldar's facility with the Aquan tongue to win us the victory. By the way, Sloshy politely requests not to be called to the silver circle again for quite some time, having spent an unpleasant few days trapped there taunted by the fire elemental. But no ill will is borne toward you."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Sloshy? Who... Oh. Oh dear, that... How unfortunate! This will set back my experiments some. I've found that the beings from the plane of Water are the most capable of conversation. Air elementals are too flighty, earth elementals tend to just sit there like rocks, and fire elementals just want to set you on fire. Which, incidentally, makes them excellent guardians."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Not excellent enough, fortunately," says Keldar. "The earth elementals gave us a little more trouble, eh, Galwynn? I also found your poison dart trap quite effective."

Trouvere

Explorer
"And that great slab that fell from the ceiling certainly made an impression on, or rather of, our halfling trapbreaker, Rollfar Lightpurse," says Keldar, deadpan.

Remove ads