Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I, too, am interested in clarifying exactly when CP are required and when they are not, but can we please do it in the General Discussion thread instead of this adventure? Thanks.

"We're the adventurers that Arngrim hired," Tommy adds.

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Goodies your characters can have!!!]Dear friends,

Since Tarag has been approved for 3rd level, and since he has taken Craft Wondrous Item, this is the list of items which he can (theoretically) craft for you. He'll give you a good deal! :lol:
Code:
Item:                             T’s Level:   Market Price:   Craft Points:
Amulet of health +2                        3         4000 gp          400 CP
Amulet of health +4                        3        16000 gp         1600 CP
Belt of giant strength +4                  3        16000 gp         1600 CP
Candle of truth                            3         2500 gp          250 CP
Circlet of persuasion                      3         4500 gp          450 CP
Cloak of charisma +2                       3         4000 gp          400 CP
Cloak of charisma +4                       3        16000 gp         1600 CP
Cloak of resistance +1                     3         1000 gp          100 CP
Elixir of sneaking                         3          250 gp           25 CP
Elixir of truth                            3          500 gp           50 CP
Gauntlets of ogre power                    3         4000 gp          400 CP
Helm of comprehend languages & read magic  3         5200 gp          520 CP
Horn of fog                                3         2000 gp          200 CP
Pearl of power (1)                         3         1000 gp          100 CP
Pearl of power (2)                         3         4000 gp          400 CP
Periapt of wisdom +2                       3         4000 gp          400 CP
Phylactery of faithfulness                 3         1000 gp          100 CP
Rope of climbing                           3         3000 gp          300 CP
Silversheen                                3          250 gp           25 CP
Sovereign glue                             3         2400 gp          240 CP
Stone of good luck (luckstone)             3        20000 gp         2000 CP
Unguent of timelessness                    3          150 gp           15 CP
He’ll be selling these at 90% of market price. If you want any, he’ll sell them to you at 80% of market price. If you donate half the Craft Points, he’ll sell them to you at 70% of market price.

Roleplaying bonuses (or penalties :p ) may apply.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
"Actually m'lord, we have a message for you from Thyrin," Rapture says as she pulls out the note and hands it to Rilithorne.

[sblock=Boddynock]I'm confused. What does "He’ll be selling these at 90% of market price. If you want any, he’ll sell them to you at 80% of market price." mean? He sells them at 90% unless you want to buy them, and then he sells them at 80%?[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=By way of explanation]
Solange said:
[sblock=Boddynock]I'm confused. What does "He’ll be selling these at 90% of market price. If you want any, he’ll sell them to you at 80% of market price." mean? He sells them at 90% unless you want to buy them, and then he sells them at 80%?[/sblock]
Sorry I was unclear.

Tarag's intending to expand his business to include magic items. His standard price for magic items will be 90% of market price (else why would most players bother to seek him out?)

However, he'll give an extra 10% discount to friends and companions, such as the party.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Ah, I understand. I will summon the master Arngrim, as the wizard Rilithorne is currently occupied. A moment, please." The butler glides down from its pedestal and heads through the west door. Moments later, it returns to its post on the pedestal. "The master Arngrim has been notified of your arrival and will see you now. Please," the puppet butler gestures at the western door.

Behind it is a study. The room contains a desk, a few comfortable chairs, a rack on the wall containing scrolls and potions, a bookshelf full of books, a pedestal that holds a suit of armor, two paintings on the wall, and lavish carpet. Arngrim is seated in a leather chair at the desk. He stands to greet you curtly, motions for you to sit in the chairs, and sits again.

"Well then? Wait, where's the blind girl? I don't remember hiring a dwarf."

Boddynock

First Post
Oh, what the hell! ;-)

Before the others can reply, Tarag pipes up, "Well, I had a bit of an accident ..."

"No, sorry ... only joking."

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Hi guys. I've been knocked off my feet by a norovirus. I should be almost back to normal in another half a day, or tomorrow at worst.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Wait, where's the blind girl? I don't remember hiring a dwarf."
"Er, who? Oh, you mean Sammy! I'm afraid Sammy had a change of heart regarding the adventuring life when she saw the tower. Er, didn't see. Either that, or it was when she heard Keldar's singing. We were forced to recruit additional help. Tarag has been invaluable in dealing with Thyrin's rogue fire elementals." Tommy explains.

Wik

First Post
"We summoned Tarag after Samina saw fit to depart. You could say he was elemental in our eventual victory. He gave us the fire in our eyes, and kept the flames off our coats. As it were." Galwynn says, smirking in an odd way. When he doesn't get a laugh, he sighs, and lets Tommy continue speaking.

OOC: Yeah, a little AWOL myself. Got a final on wednesday and thursday, and spent last weekend at our huge (3000+) staff party and studying, as well as taking the Girlfriend out for dinner friday night. Crazy fun, doncha know.

Remove ads